Chapter Eighteen

KELLY'S P.O.V

I woke up to be back in Sydney. The grass looked greener. The trees looked taller. The houses looked bigger. And I'm pretty sure there never used to be that many lamp posts. I missed this place so much that's its untrue.

"We're home princess," Mikey smiled as he zipped up his suitcase.

"I've had fun," I smiled looking down at the necklace dangling down my neck.

"So have I," he smirked. I squeezed onto the purple unicorn close to my chest before placing it in my suitcase and zipping it up.

"We all know the reason you've both enjoyed it," Ashton groaned. We all burst out laughing and I playfully slapped his chest.

"What's all the laughing for?" A familiar females voice said. I turned around to see all our mums standing in the door way.

"Mum," I squealed and ran over and hugged her before anything could get told.

"I missed you too honey but I have some news," she laughed.

"What is it?" I asked pulling away. I held onto Michael's hand. He stepped closer and wrapped his other arm around my waist.

"I got a phone call from Dr Bridge and we have an appointment in an hour," she told me.

"Can the boys come with us?" I asked as I looked up at Mikey worriedly.

"Yes sure but we need to get a move on if we wanna get there on time," she said and we all went back to my house.

"You girls will be okay until we come back?" mum asked the other mums. They all nodded and we took Mr. Hood's people carrier.

----

I was waiting patiently in the waiting room to be called out. They all kept reassuring me that everything was going to be okay but it felt strange. I had been diagnosed in March and told I only had a few weeks in July. Finally my name was called out and I stood from Mikey's knee.

"Is it alright it Michael comes in with me?" I asked mum and she nodded. Michael and I walked into the room hand in hand. The walls were a plain white colour and had light wooden flooring. There was a desk full of Dr Bridges belongings and a plant in the corner. She had a picture of her daughter on her desk and another of her son. She told me her husband died in a car crash last year once.

"Good afternoon Kelly and," she paused waiting to be introduced to Michael.

"Michael," he smiled and shook her hand.

"And Michael," she said as we took a seat.

"Why am I here?" I asked bored of waiting.

"Ah yes, we actually have an update on the cancer," she started. I just nodded waiting for the news. "It turns out that the cancer wasn't terminal and radiotherapy starts next week," she smiled.

"Wait, so I'm not dying?" I clarified and she nodded. I sigh of relief escaped from Michael's lips and I couldn't help but wonder why.

"So how come you got it wrong?" I asked putting my thoughts into words.

"Its just that your results wasn't as clear as we thought so we looked at them again," she explained.

"Thank you so much Dr," Mikey smiled. I swear I thought he was gonna kiss her. He dragged me out the office and Dr Bridge said she would email me the details.

"Is it good news?" mum asked as we ran to her.

"I'm not dying," I smiled and she hugged me tighter.

"So you don't have cancer?" Cal asked confused to what was going on.

"No I have cancer but its not terminal," I explained.

"That's great news," Ash smiled and gave me a tight hug.

"I start radiotherapy next week which means I should be okay by Christmas," I squealed.

My life is just getting better by the day and I'm just really happy that I can share it with everyone I love the most.

AUTHORS NOTE: IM SORRY I DONT KNOW A LOT ABOUT CANCER SO IF ANY OF THIS INFORMATION IS WRONG PLEASE DONT HATE ME I NEVER PLANNED ON DOING THIS