Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve: || Mary

I walked into school the next day feeling a bit sad. My day was kinda one if those sad, gloomy rainy days. And it's raining today.

I sit all the way in the back doing my work, then say hi to people, eat lunch in the library and then P.E. There were two more periods until school is over, and it was my free period. So I walk around my school halls wondering what to do. I'll usually hang with Erika, but she's at cheerleading practice. It gave me an idea, I should join the cheer team. I will have more confidence, more popularity and a time waister. I run to the gym were the cheerleaders were practicing at. I walk in and I see Erika, she notices me and jogs towards me.

"Hey what are you doing here? And are you feeling okay today? Your always optimistic everyday?" She asked me.

"Nothing serious. By the way, is there any chance I could join the cheer team?" I asked hoping she would say yes.

"Of course, the football season just started and we need more cheerleaders. Coach Smith is right over there, go ask her if you can audition to join." She said. I thanked her and went to Coach Smith.

"Um excuse me, coach." I said. She turned around.

"Hello there Mary what can I do for you?" She asked sweetly.

"I want to audition to join the cheer team." I said.

"Okay great, come here after school today at 3:00pm sharp. If your not here by that time you lose your chance. If you want to join you have to know that every practice you have to be here early, no exceptions. You got it?" Coach Smith said sternly. She likes when students are early for her practices, then I'm the right person for the job.

"Yes ma'am I understand. Thank you." I said. She nodded and I walked and sat down on the bleachers watching the cheerleaders you know cheer. I can't wait to be on the cheer team.

After school today I walked into the gymnasium at exactly 3. Coach smith looked at me approvaly.

"On time I see." She said looking at her watch.

"Well if you knew me coach you would know I'm always early." I said to her smirking.

"Good to know. Now let's see if you can cheer. Here with me I have the head of the cheerleaders. Taylor." Coach said. And in the seat next to her was a pretty brunette, I've seen her many times around school. She waved at me, and smiled. I did the same to her.

"Okay now she's going to show you the cheers you have to do, you know the basic, and if you pull them off you make the team." Coach said. Taylor then stood up and showed me the cheer I had to do. I did the cheer exactly the way she did it. Coach Smith and Taylor applaued.

"Great work Mary. Now Taylor do you think she did good?" Coach smith asked Taylor.

"She didn't do good. She did wonderful." Taylor said and smiled. I smiled widely at her response.

"Does that mean I made the team?" I asked them. They looked at each other then to me and nodded.

"Oh my god thank you thank you thank you." I said jumping up and down hugging them.

"Okay since your part of us, here is the schedule for all the practices and games. Tomorrow we'll give you your cheer uniform." Taylor said handing me a piece of paper. I thank her and walked home. It not a gloomy day after all. And I didn't think once about Teo while I was at the audition.