Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty: || Mary

1 week later

Even though it was just last week everyone was still happy that out football team won the game. I understood two days later people were still celebrating but now it just annoying but as a cheerleader I have to be optimistic about it.

Today as usual, a school day. Friday to be exact. I put on high waisted jeans and a white crop top with white converse and I put a bracelet around my ankle to look pretty. I straighten hair and put on some makeup. It took forever to iron my hair because I hardly ever straighten it. I grab my backpack and walked into the kitchen and served myself some cereal. Charlie then walked in all dressed for school.

"Mommy is not here. So you have to take me to school." She said. Well thank goodness her school is not so far away that I can walk her there and not be late.

"Okay but we have to leave now." I said putting my plate in the sink.

"But I didn't have any breakfast." She whined. I turned around and went through the pantry. I grabbed a twix bar and showed it to her.

"Here. You want this?" I asked.

"But I can't eat that for breakfast. Mommy-"

"Mommy is not here. Just this once, we have to go now or we're going to be late." I said and she sighed.

"Okay." She took the twix bar and we left. I walked her to her school and said goodbye and she promised not to tell mom that she had a twix bar for breakfast. I started walking to my school now and I began to think of a lot of things. Teo is leaving for a new movie in a couple of months and my birthday is coming up in January but Teo will be gone during my birthday which makes me sad. I checked my phone and it's 7:58. Shit I have two more minutes until class starts and I need to head to my locker first. I ran towards the direction of my school and it was 8:00 when I walked in. Everyone starts going into class and the hallway started to get empty. I quickly went to my locker and took out my books I need for my first class.

"Why are you so late?" Erika said scaring me.

"I thought you were in class." I said looking at her with wide eyes.

"I was waiting for you. Now come one." She said dragging me. I quickly closed my locker and followed her to our first class. We walked into the classroom and everyone was seated with their books out and they looked at us like we just murdered someone.

"Girls, care to explain why your so late." Our English teacher Mr.P said. We didn't say anything because honestly this teacher doesn't like excuses. No matter what it is he doesn't expect it. "Detention both of you after school." He said glaring at us. We nod and I felt bad cause Erika is late because of me. We sat down at our seats and I looked her her and mouthed an 'I'm sorry' she gave me a smile and mouthed 'it's okay'.

The bell rang and it was 3:00 which meant school was over. And I have detention. I was heading to the detention room until I bump into Teo. Speaking of Teo I forgot he comes here, I hardly see him. He's a sophomore and I'm a freshmen.

"Sorry" he mumbled and didn't even look up, he kept his head down. He was going to walk away until I grabbed his arm.

"Teo." I whispered and he looked up with hope in his eyes. He saw me and came and hugged me tight.

"Oh gosh I miss you so much. I haven't seen you since Saturday when we went out for dinner." He said. "Want to go somewhere?" He asked.

"I can't, I have detention." I said. I looked at my watch and it was 3:03, I'm late for detetion. "I have to go bye see you later" I said quickly and gave him a kiss.