Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four: || Mary

I walk into school the next day feeling guilty. Teo was right, I shouldn't have done that yesterday. I walk out to Erika, but the closer I got to her I noticed her talking to someone, not just anyone it's Jack.

"Hey Erika." I said looking at Jack then at her.

"Hey Mary, have you meet Jack?" She asked. I opening my mouths to speak but her butted in.

"No I have never met Mary before. But I have seen you around school, you are a cheerleader."' He said and I gave him an 'are you serious' look.

"Hi Jack I'm Mary." I said slowly wondering what in the world is going on. "Anyway I need to talk to you." I said to her. She nodded and waved by to Jack and he gave her a kiss on the cheek and walked away.

"So what's up?" She asked.

"I'm sorry I, really am. I went to my manger yesterday and with the pictures we took in my bedroom. You know our mini photoshoot, I showed her her pictures. She says you'll be a great model. But you know you have to sign some contracts. Anyway all I'm saying is I didn't sign you up or anything but I'm sorry I went behind your back and-"

"Yea you did. Why would you do that?"

"Because I wanted you to give it a try and see if you like it, and then you'll actually consider being a model.." I said slowly.

"Mary I'm not like you. I don't want to be a model, so please stop pushing me to cause it never going to happen. I forgive you but I'm disappointed. I told you I didn't want to." She said and started walking away.

"But wait, I didn't sign you up or anything. I didn't get an appointment for you to talk with an agent. I suggested it to my manager to get her opinion. I just want the best for you." I said catching up to her and stopped her.

"Well it's not what I want. Just leave me alone. Please." She said and walked away from me again. I sighed and walked to class and feeling guilty for the rest of the day. I wanted to speak to her but she would walk pass me not even looking at me talking to her friends.

The halls were very crowed right now, and it's the end of the day so everyone is rushing to egg out of school. Since I'm shorter than everyone it was hard to get through and no one barely noticed me. I fell on the floor and I got very scared to I crawled to the locker area and sat against the locker sitting on the floor with my knees to my chest. A couple of people passed by me and I stayed here until the halls were empty. I just kept my head down because I was comfy siting here.

"What are you doing?" Someone asked and I raised my head up. "I mean, I don't care. Don't talk to me." Erika said and walked away. I stood up quickly chasing after her.

"I said sorry." I said chasing after her.

"And I said I don't care." She replied not looking at me, but straight ahead.

"Come one Erika. Please forgive me-"

"I do forgive you. I have to your my best friend. It's just...." She said but paused.

"It's just what?"

"I tell you I don't want to do something, I'm afraid in the future you might force me to do things cause you think it's best. It's not like that Mary." She said turning around and looking at me for the first time in like hours.

"Okay okay I promise I won't do anything like that I swear. I won't push you to do anything you wouldn't want to do." I said.

"Good cause I miss talking to you." She said and hugged me. I hugged her back and smiled. "Come on let's come to my house and go to the beach." She said dragging me out the school.