Chapter 4: Mr. Happy Feet

~Demi~

I huff, following after Piper to the baseball field. She wanted to learn how to play baseball and wanted me to show her. Except I don't play baseball and she only wanted me to show her and no one else. She's stubborn like that, just want me to show her.

"Hey brat! I already told you that I don't play baseball!" I yelled at her but she ignores me, getting used to all the insults and names I throw at her.

She somehow, every time I see her, she has my beanie on her head and her stuff monkey, Mr. George in her hands.

Okay the kid is fucking obsessed with my beanie and stuff animals.

"I don't care! Show me how!" She yells and I roll my eyes. I watch as she struggles with a bag full of bats and baseballs. She leaves it next to the fence, grabs a baseball and a bat. She throws me the baseball and I catch it before I walk off to the pitcher's plate. I stood there, amused as I watch Piper put on the batter's helmet, the helmet was too big on her so it covers half of her face. I chuckle as she pulls it up so she can look at me, she grins and drags the bat to home plate.

She stands there weirdly, her legs separated and she lifts the bat so it was laying on her shoulder. "Okay so I think you should crouch and put your legs together a bit more and lift the bat so it won't be laying on your shoulder." I tell her and she does what I say.

She grins once she had a tight grip on the bat so I threw my arm back and threw the ball. Except, it suck because the ball fell to Piper's feet.

"That ball suck, something must be wrong with it." I say, blaming the ball for my bad throwing skills. Piper just laughs.

So, after a while of me pitching and Piper swinging her bat, she finally hit the ball.

"Go! Run to first plate!" I say and her eyes widened, so she starts to run but with the bat in her hands. I laugh at her.

"You gotta drop the bat first Piper." I say, giggling as she drops it and jumps on first plate. She stomps her feet on the plate and throws her arms in the air, looking at me with a huge grin on her lips.

"I win!" She yells and I shook my head, I reach down and grab the ball.

"Not likely, just step foot on all the plates and run." I say and smirk.

"Why?" She asks, a little confuse.

"So I can get you out!" I yelled and she squeals when she saw me running to her. She starts to run to second base as I chase her, both laughing out loud. We weren't playing baseball anymore, we were just chasing each other in the field.

"Come here you little brat!" I yelled and wrap my arms around her small waist from behind, she squeals as I lift her and spun us around.

She giggles as I set her down and loses her balance then falls on her butt. I grin at her as I towered over her. "That is my beanie." I say and grab my beanie from her head. I put it on my head and pulled it down to my forehead, I smiled at Piper.

She pouts at me. "But I like it!" She says and reaches her hands to take it. I stood up straight and smiled at her.

"But it was mine in the first place." I say and then started to walk away. I heard her run up to me, jumps, grabs my beanie then starts to run away laughing.

"It's mine now!" She yells, a huge smile on her lips as she looks back at me. I stop walking, watching as she jumps around, waving my beanie in the air, my hand goes to my stomach. I bit my lip, looking at her as she stops, then stands and looks at me confused.

"You okay Demi?" She asks as a tear escape, it streams down my cheek.

"Fuck off." I growled out and turn away, walking away from her as my fists clench up at my sides. She reminds me so much of what happen three months ago, so so much. And her reminding me of that, makes me angry and upset.