Chapter 8: Baseball Game

~Demi~

I wave at Piper who was out on the field, right side of the field, behind first plate. She waves back, a grin on her face as she crouches, watching the batter.

"Connor's gonna owe me five bucks," Alena says as she walks over to me, I look at her.

"What did you guys bet on?" I ask her and she sits down next to me, a coke in her hand.

"You," She says and smirks at me. I raise an eyebrow at her and say,

"Why me?"

"Because we think your gonna be that kind of mom in this game," She says and smirks at me, taking a sip from her coke.

"What do you mean?" I say and she chuckles.

"The one that screams at the players, yells at the referee which in this case is Connor and tries to distract the batter from hitting the ball." She says and I roll my eyes at her.

"Yeah right, I'll just sit here and watch the game." I say and she snickers, I ignore her and watch as another kid goes up to home plate.

The kid misses the ball because I was shouting this.

"HEY BATTER BATTER SWING! HEY BATTER BATTER SWING! HEY BATTER BATTER SWIN- YES STRIKE ONE!"

They all give me a dirty glare while I snicker to myself.

He misses again and I was already mumbling under my breath, wishing for them to get out.

Instead, they swung the bat when the ball got near them and the ball hits the bat, bouncing off to Piper who saw the ball coming to her.

"COME ON PIPER! CATCH THE DAMN BALL! YOU GOT IT! COME ON! AND YES! YOUR OUT!" I yelled, standing up and throwing my hands in the air as Piper catches the ball from the sky.

"Oh my god," Alena groans beside me as I watch Piper points at the ball in her glove, a wide smile on her face as I give her a thumbs up.

"What?" I say, looking at Alena a little confuse. She looks at me, a little amused.

"You," She points at me. "are that kind of mom in the games!" She says and I laugh, putting my hands on my hips as Piper's team runs back to the benches so they can bat.

"I'm just cheering them on," I say and giggled as she rolls her eyes at me.

"He so owes me five bucks," She says and I roll my eyes at her.

Piper goes up to bat and I clap my hands, walking back and forth as I watch her. "Come on Piper! Just how I show you!" I say, leaning against the fence as I watch her.

Piper separates her legs a bit, bat lifted and eyes lock on the ball. The pitcher swings their arm around and throws the ball at Piper.

She misses.

"Strike one!" Connor says, and crouches behind the catcher.

"WHAT? WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?! HOW DARE YOU CALL THAT A STRIKE CONNOR!" I yell, and Connor tilts his head to me, he just laughs.

"I so need to record you, if only I had my phone." I heard Alena say from behind me but I ignore her.

The pitcher throws another ball at Piper and she swings, but miss by a inch.

I groan. "WHAT IS THAT?! COME ON PIPER THROW THE DAMN BALL OUT OF THE DAMN FUCKING PARK!" I yelled, slamming my hands against the wire fence.

Piper chooses to ignore me while all the other adults here yell at me. "DEMI!" With a hint of scolding in their voices, not wanting me to curse around the kids.