Chapter 17: Rainy Days And Pizza

~Demi~

"Psst," I moan, turning on my side and burying my face in my pillow, trying to block out Piper's voice.

"Demi," She whines. "why are you still sleeping? It's almost two!" I groan, lifting my head up to look down at Piper who had her hands tightly gripping the railing of my bunk bed, a terrified look plastered across her face, her face pale as a ghost.

"Because I'm sleepy and lazy!" I whine back and she squeaks when thunder erupted through the sky, a white light flash appeared as the rain came down harder on the cabin's roof.

"You okay babe?" I ask her as she dives under her blankets, trembling slightly as the rain beat down. I look around, finding Alena and Bronte cuddle up on Alena's top bunk, blankets covering them and their eyes focused on Alena's laptop. Her eyes snap up at us when she heard us talking and she grins, waving at us.

"We're watching Netflix, you guys can join if you want. Bout time you both wake up," She says and I roll my eyes but look back down at Piper's trembling figure.

"Babe? Why are you shaking?" I ask her, my voice echoing after thunder could be heard through the sky. She squeals, trying to bury herself more into her bed. I raise an eyebrow as she softly whispers, her voice so quiet.

"I'm scared of thunder and lighting."

A smile crept up on my face as she whispers that before I reach under my pillow, grabbing my phone and headphones that I stole from the office and climb down the ladder so I can crawl in next to Piper. Her eyes were tightly shut as I pull the blanket over the both of us and I wrap my arm around her waist, tugging her into my body. Her eyes open as I smile at her, I type in the password on my phone and press my thumb onto my music. I put on Without The Love and put my headphones over her ears.

"Listen to me sing, maybe my singing will calm you. Do whatever you like on my phone, let me just get up and brush my teeth." I tell her and she nods, I kiss her forehead before I got up from the bed, I let the blanket cover her body again before I paddled my way to the bathroom. After doing my morning routine, I walk back into the room and ask the girls.

"Have you guys eaten anything yet?"

They shook their heads. "Nope, its been raining too hard and it's really muddy out there." Bronte tells me and I nod, slipping on my boots and a old hoodie.

"Alright, what do you guys want? On me." I say and smiled at them.

"Pizza!" They yelled out and I grin at them.

"Okay, I'll be right back." I say and turned to open the door, I haul it open and put on my hoodie. I ran through the muddy, slippery trails to my car, trying not to slip in the rain and become a mess. The rain was cold and felt like bullets piercing it's way onto my skin. As I was nearing my car, I wasn't looking where I was going because I was looking at the ground when I crashed into someone.

"Woah there babe, in a rush?" Nick's husky voice interrupted my thoughts and his hands grip onto my upper arms, steadying me before I could fall on my ass. I look up at him, smiling at him as I felt my hoodie slip off my head.

"Hey! Sorry I crashed into you, I was just running to my car to get some pizza for the girls." I tell him and he smiles at me, I was getting soaked in this rain. He was wearing a flannel shirt, a blue shirt underneath, and some sweatpants with his black converse, a old Camp Rock hat was on his head. He takes off his hat, putting it on me instead and smiles at me.

"It's fine, can I come with you? I was gonna get something for the boys too." He says and I grin at him. Thunder echoed through the sky as I nodded my head, grinning at him as I grab his hand, intertwining our fingers together.

"Yeah, come on. We'll get some pizza." I say over the rain and we ran to my car, hand in hand. I jump into the driver seat of my car and slam the door close behind me, turning on the car as Nick sits next to me in the passenger seat.

"Damn, the rain is cold." He says next to me as I cranked up the heater, I put on my seatbelt and drove out of the camp.

"That, it is." I say, my teeth clattering against each other a bit as I drove. Nick grabs my hand again, squeezing my fingers to try to get my hand warm again. I smiled at him as I took a turn to the right, a soft silence overcome us as I drove through the wet, slippery roads.

I shiver to myself as I stop at a red light, I look over at Nick. I pointed at the hat on top of my head and smiled at him. "I didn't think you'll keep the hat, why did you bring it?" I ask him and he grins at me, his wet hair letting droplets of water trail down his cold skin.

"Because I thought I would use it sometime, it looks good on you." He tells me and I blush, my eyes glance back at the red light, it still didn't change.

"Thanks, but I'm soaking wet and cold." I say and he laughs, his laughter filling the car as I giggled with him.

"Soaking wet yet hot," He says and lean over to me, his other hand softly cups my face and he presses our lips together. I smiled and kissed him back, my eyes closing as I kissed him softly. A honk behind us made us jump away from each other in surprise and I look behind me at the cars that were impatiently waiting for me to go then at the green light.

"Shit, sorry! Boyfriend distracting me!" I yelled and step on it, Nick kisses my hand as I drove a little faster.

"I love the sound of that," He says and I smiled at him as I stop in a near by pizzeria. "Me too," I say and lean over to kiss his lips before I got out of the car, running inside the pizzeria. I sigh happily as I came into the cool air conditioner, I went to the counter and smiled at the man behind the desk.

"I'll have two large pizzas, pepperoni and cheese with some breadsticks." I ordered and he punches in my order, yelling out to his workers to make my pizza. He tells me to wait for fifth teen minutes and as I was about to pay him, a arm wraps around my shoulder and a twenty dollar bill was slap against the counter.

"I'll be paying for her," Nick says next to me and the man takes the money, handing the cash back to Nick as I glare at my boyfriend.

"What?" He gives me a playful smile as I glared at him, he leads us to a table and sits down next to me as I whined to him.

"I was going to pay! Next time I'm paying," I whined to him and he chuckles. We talked until the pizza was done, after we grab our pizza, we ran back into my car and jumped in. As I drove back to camp, Nick tells me about what he's doing today with the boys.

"So yeah, we've been racing and playing some video games." He says and I chuckle at him as I turn into the camp, I park my car into the parking lot and before I got out with my pizza, Nick grab my hand and stop me from going out into the cold drizzling rain.

"Wait, I'm going to take you out on a date tomorrow. Be ready by three," He says and kisses me gently before grabbing his pizza, got out of the car and run back to his cabin. I let a smile play on my lips as I watch his ass before he disappear back into his cabin. I roll my eyes to myself as I grab my pizza and its breadsticks before getting out of my car, I slam the door shut and lock my car before I ran back to my cabin, the smile on my face never leaving as I thought about my sweet boyfriend.

I rush into my cabin, closing the door behind me and smiling at the girls. "Hey guys, I got the pizza-" Piper cuts me off, my phone tightly grip in her hand as she puts it to her ear, her eyes wide as she stares at the blankets in front of her.

"Mommy?"

Oh crap.