Chapter 6: Hermosa

~Demi~

"Demi?"

"Hmm?"

"What does hermosa mean?"

"Trash," I lied.

"Really?"

"Yep."

She gives me a unconvinced look before looking at Bronte, asking.

"What does hermosa mean?" She asks and I roll my eyes. Ever since this morning, she's been asking what hermosa means and I keep lying and telling her it means trash. Of course, it doesn't, it actually means beautiful.

We were at lunch, Piper couldn't stop talking while I couldn't stop eating. I was really hungry since I oversleep this morning which made me lose breakfast.

"Alena, what does hermosa mean?" She asks Alena and I rolled my eyes, wanting her to shut up already and eat.

"I have no idea, I don't know Spanish. But, you can ask Demi." Alena says and I glare at her, she smirks at me. Yeah, I am learning how to speak Spanish but not as fluent yet.

"I already did," Piper whines. "but she keeps telling me it means trash!" She says, pouting and throwing her arms up in the air.

"Does it?" Alena says and I shrug, stuffing my face with a cupcake.

"Hermosa, shut up." I say and smirk as Piper points a finger at me.

"See?! I think she's lying!" Piper says and our table chuckles at her. Connor points over at a woman who looked Latina.

"Ask Esperanza, she knows Spanish." He says and I gave him a look as to shut the fuck up.

"Okay!" Piper yells happily before bouncing out of her seat.

I frown at Connor. "Really man? Really?" I say and huff when I heard Esperanza saying.

"It means beautiful darling."

Fuck my life.

Piper gasps happily. "She called me beautiful!" She screams before running back over to me.

Oh fuck me.

Piper wraps her arms around my waist, smiling widely at me while I glared at her. "Happy now you little shit face?"

She nods, not even looking hurt when I called her that. "Very." While she still hug me around my waist, I grab my cupcake and threw it at Connor. It hit him in the face.

I laugh as he glares at me. "Really?" He says and I nodded.

"Yup," I say, grinning but gasp when he threw juice at me. I whip away the juice as it trails down from my face and glared at him. "Oh it's on."

"Food fight!" Alena yells and soon, everyone was throwing food at each other and having fun.

I giggled as I threw a pie at Piper and it hits her on the face. She gives me a what the fuck look before throwing spaghetti at me.

I was in the middle of spraying ketchup on Alena when all of a sudden, a yell was heard above all the screaming and laughing.

"What is going on here?!" We stop and turned to the head director of the camp.

"They started it!" Piper yells with Bronte and Aaron pointing at me, Connor and Alena. My jaw drop as I looked at them, they had mischievous smirks on their faces.

"Traitors," We muttered and the head director points their finger at us.

"You three! Clean this room! Right now! All of you leave!" She yells and everyone leaves, I glare at the back of the three kids who told on us.

"Oh I'm gonna get them back on this," I say and went to the tables and started to clean them. Connor did the walls while Alena did the floor.

"Hey Demi?" I heard Alena say as I swiped off some mustard from one of the tables.

"Yeah?" I say and focus my eyes on the table, cleaning it off from stains.

"What made you become such a bitch?" She asks and I stop, I tensed up and grip the rag in my hands tightly.

"It's non of your business," I say and went back to working.

"Okay then, but we'll soon know." She says and I sigh, of course they'll find out soon. I can't keep this a secret no more.

I went back to cleaning.

Hours later, the mess hall was clean again. I left the mess hall to clean myself then went looking for Piper.

Strolling around, I find her all cleaned up and playing tag with a few other kids. I watch her for a while, a small smile on my lips.

"Brat?" I say, getting her attention. She stop running and looks at me, smiling.

"Yeah?" She says and skips over to me.

"Wanna get some ice cream with me?" I say and she grins, nodding quickly.

"Yeah!" She says and starts to walk in front of me to the mess hall. I followed her and we sneaked inside the kitchen, I grab us some ice cream and we sat down on the floor across from each other.

I flicked my ice cream at her and smirk. "That's for telling on us," I say and she sticks her tongue at me.

"Whatever, at least I got some candy." She says and I roll my eyes as she started talk about the candy they gave her.

"Hermosa?"

"What?"

"Shut up."