Chapter 15

Alexa POV

When the smoke finally faded away, we were all standing on a rooftop, a couple blocks down from where the Shredder had resided. Leo had his arms wrapped around my waist, holding me to his plastron. I had both hands resting there too. I looked up at his face, only to have him hunch over immediately and clutch his stomach. "Leonardo."

He put one hand on the ground to steady himself. I had one hand on his shell and one hand on my knee. After a coughing fit, he stood straight up and returned his gaze to me.

I sighed, "Leo, I'm sorry I-"

Instead of him allowing me to finish my not-so-important apologize, he put a hand on the back of my head and smashed his lips to mine. I felt full of sparks as the feeling of being kissed by my crush washed over me. He kissed me with so much passion. His lips were surprisingly warm for having just fought Shredder and being out in this chilly night. I was a little surprised but then I finally melted into it. I had never kissed anyone, obviously, and didn't know if I was doing it wrong or right. I just decided to do it how it looked in the movies. His lips moved against mine naturally, as if we had done this before. Time seemed to stop as we continued. We were now standing straight up, with me on my tip toes. He wrapped his other arm around my waist, making the space between us disappear completely. I was grateful he did that, as my legs were feeling a little weak, probably from this new feeling I had never felt before. The pain in my broken leg was not as noticeable anymore with him kissing me, with so much emotion. I wasn't necessarily understanding these mix of emotions and feelings, they were all new to me. I sensed desire, need, and love. These feelings seemed so vague to me, so unfamiliar, that at first, I didn't know if it was real, or if it was just my raging teenage hormones. I probably sound crazy, talking about all these feelings I'm having over this whole situation right now. I just couldn't help it, I loved Leonardo, in a world where I had never felt love before...

"Awwww... romance, at it's finest."

Mikey...

I pull away first, and take my hand off Leo's cheek. I looked up in his eyes and see his expression was of happiness and relief. He grins down at me and I return the smile. I am a little pink in the cheeks, but that's normal for me. We had not said anything to each other after the kiss, and we still had not addressed his brothers that were standing only 3 or so feeet away from us.

"We should probably be getting home... as we are badly injured..." Donnie piped in.

I suddenly blinked, snapping out of my focus on Leo's eyes. "Yes! You guys are hurt, we should get back right away!"

I started to turn out of Leo's way, when he grabbed my arm, and whispered into my hair, "that was amazing, we should do it more often."

I could barely make a clear sentence after that. All that came out was squeakiness and embarrassment. He must've got the message because he chuckled and wrapped an arm around my waist, helping me walk. I rested my head on his shoulder as he supported most of my weight. God, he was perfect. I smiled as we all made our way back to the lair.

*

After an hour and a half running back and forth, tending to each of their wounds and injuries, I finally let Donnie look at my leg. We are both in his lab. I am sitting on the side table next to his bigger desk with the computer on it, and he is wrapping my leg in a thick cast.