Chapter 16

Leo POV

I wanted this date to be perfect for Alexa! She is such a wonderful person that this date must be amazing for her. The day after our incredible makeout session was spent with me planning out the entire night. I was going to do something I never thought I would do, I'm honestly not sure I should do it, but she brings out a side of me I never thought existed. I had to at least try. I didn't want this to be any date where we eat dinner in the park, I wanted it be to more exciting than that. I had some help from Donnie also. He helped me arrange a spot where we can hangout in a public place, without being seen. It brought a smile to my face just thinking about it.

Alexa POV

Leo had been avoiding me all day. Whenever I caught him sneaking around or chatting with Donnie about something, he would always dash away as if I were some disease. I was shocked the first time he did it, but then, after my third time of catching him, it got kind of frustrating.

I was now walking towards the kitchen, my intention was to get an apple, when I spotted Leo sitting at the table with a notebook sitting in front of him. He froze when he saw me.

I, um, I... gotta go!" he started scrambling out of his chair, and towards the door.

I wasn't going to let him get away that easy. Before he could breeze through the doorway, my hand shot up to the side of me, blocking his exit. He stopped abruptly so he didn't crash into my arm. I narrowed my eyes as his expression turned worried. "Not really sneaky for a ninja there, eh Leo?"

He regained his composure and sighed, "look, Alexa, this whole day I've been planning our date for tonight."

My jaw dropped at his confession. "Really?"

He nodded.

I smiled and threw my arms around his neck, bringing him closer to me for a hug. "That's so thoughtful of you! I can't believe you would go through all this trouble for me!"

He rested his one arm on my back, the other clutching the notebook to his plastron for dear life. "Anything for you."

We pulled away, before I pecked him on the cheek. "Well, I'll let you get back to it then," I giggled and turned away.

*

It was now 9:30 at night now and I was standing in front of the mirror. I was applying some mascara for this eventful night. I had to say that I was a little nervous, but mostly excited. I wasn't really the make-up type of girl. I would only put on some mascara occasionally with red chapstick. I never really liked blush and foundation and concealer and all that other stuff. Then I curled my blonde hair for some added volume. My hair used to be really flat and straight, but over the years it's gotten more wavier naturally. I looked at myself one more time, flattening out my light blue dress. April had bought me it a while ago. I never had the right event to wear it too, but now I do. It hugged my figure and ended right above my knees. It had short sleeves so I wasn't totally exposed. I flashed a smile before exiting the bathroom. I walked into the pit and was bombarded by smiles and gasps, mostly by April.