Chapter 27

Alexa POV

"Alexa... wakey wakey eggs and bakey."

"Mikey, get off of her, I'm her boyfriend, so I should get to be the first one who she sees on her birthday."

Then I hear Mikey mutter something under his breath, but his voice doesn't even come out above a whisper, so I can't make out any of the words he says.

I didn't feel like waking up, especially not on this day.

My birthday.

The day I dreaded the most every year. Call me crazy, but when it comes to celebrating my birthday, I didn't like it as much as I should. I guess my mom didn't like birthdays all that much, so it rubbed off on me. Whenever my birthday was on a school day, no one would say anything, or even acknowledge me, and I was content with that. I hated attention that was directed towards me.

Sure, my mom did say the occasional 'happy birthday,' but that was mostly it. She would bake me a small, vanilla (my favorite flavor) cake with little star-shaped sprinkles and always put one single candle in the smack dab center of it. I've seen how people celebrate by putting several candles on their cake, but my mother was always so cheap and bought only one pack of candles. We would only use one candle a year for me. I wasn't ever greedy, so I didn't question why she would want to do it that way.

I groan, but never open my eyes. I sense multiple bodies in the room with me. I don't have enough courage to face the day. This will be my first birthday being spent with them, and I have no clue what they have in mind. Leo wouldn't tell me anything in the days leading to this. I feel a gentle hand touch my back and know instantly that it's Leo's familiar hand. "Alexa... baby... its time to wake up, I have a big day planned for us."

I can practically hear his great big smile he probably has plastered on his face right now. His hand rubs in soothing circular motions and for one moment, I feel like laying in bed all day, with him doing that over and over again. That would be nice. But sadly, he and everyone else, want me to get up and face the day.

I slowly open my eyes and let my surroundings consume me. Surprisingly, Raph and Donnie are in the room too. I thought only Mikey and Leo were here, because I heard their voices, but I was wrong.

"C'mon, get up. I want to start this amazing day!" Leo said in a calm tone. He still had his hand on my back, but it was now motionless.

Since I've done enough groaning today, I pushed myself in a sitting position and looked at them all. "Can I get dressed first?"

"Sure babe," Leo gave me a quick peck on the cheek before he motioned everyone out. My insides always fluttered whenever he called me babe. It made me feel special, which I didn't get much before I ever met them.

I couldn't help but chuckle and cross my arms over my chest when I saw that everyone had left, except for him. "Leo, you need to get out too."

"What? C'mon, I don't wanna," Leo stuck out his bottom lip and crossed his arms, somewhat mocking me.