Chapter 28

Alexa POV

            Mikey ended up winning the laser tag game. Of course he would, he's Mikey. Raph and Donnie came close to beating Mikey, with me in last place and Leo having zero points.

            "What were you doing instead of shooting people?" I had asked.

            "Trying to get you in a good spot so I could strike," he then bent over and started tickling my ribs feverishly. I attempted to scamper away from him, but he wrapped his arm around my waist, holding me in place while he tortured me. I was laughing so hard I had tears building up in my eyes.

            "Leo! Stop it! Please!" I managed to choke out. After Leo got the satisfaction of seeing a single tear roll down my cheek, he finally released me and wiped the drop from my cheek. I pushed him playfully away from my, so I could compose myself.

            "Cake and presents now!" Mikey ran out of the arena, and towards the lair.

            Luckily, the laser tag area wasn't constructed too far away from the, so we didn't have to walk too much.

            Presents? Did they really get me gifts? Or was it just Leo? I felt a finger brush up underneath my cheek and turned to see Leo giving me a small smile. I was confused, but soon realized that I probably had a frown on my face.

            "Turn that frown upside down," he ruffled my hair. I hate when people do that.

            I gave him one of my best smiles and turned towards the direction of the lair.

***

            "Look at my card first!" Mikey exclaimed, as we all got seated on the ground in the pit.

            He held out an orange colored envelope that had the smallest pizza stain in the corner of it. I smiled. Mikey's signature touch. I tore open the paper and saw a beautiful card with a big red heart on the front with the words ‘Happy Birthday Alexa!’ written in neat cursive right next to it.

            Smiling, I flipped the cover over and saw a long paragraph that read:

            Alexa,

            When we first saw you in the alley that one night, I thought we would never get to meet you, but we did and it was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. To all of us. You always help me prank Raph when we’re bored and you always play video games with me. Even though I totally let you win Mario Kart that one time. ;) You understand me when none of my brothers do. You can cheer me up even in the saddest of moments. I remember some of the inspirational talks you would have with me when I’m feeling helpless. You just get me, you feel my vibe.

            You are the bestest friend a turtle can ever have and I hope you can stay with us until the end! Even in the after life! ;D