Chapter 21

Alexa POV

I woke up one day with a big smile plastered on my face. Today was the day I was getting this cast off. Today was the day I could get rid of these crutches that was dragging me down every single day.

I kissed a still sleeping Leo lightly on the cheek before I uncovered myself from the blankets. I swung my casted leg over the edge and it landed gently on the floor. I grabbed the crutches that were leaning on the nightstand. I stood up and made my way out of the room. I was hoping Donnie was up already, as I didn't plan on waiting any longer.

When I entered the pit, I didn't see anyone, so I headed over to Donnie's lab. I walked in on him under his desk. He looked like he was searching for something that might've fallen over. I didn't want to startle him too much, so I knocked on the metal door a couple time before barging in.

"Oh, Alexa, I didn't see you there! Good morning!" he ended up bonking his head on the table afterall. He must've still been startled by by light knocking too. He rubbed his head before crawling out from under the table. He stood up, his cheeks a little red.

"Good morning and I'm sorry I scared you D, I just wanted to know what time I could get this off," I gestured to the big, white, signed cast on my leg.

"Yes, we should do it in about 30 minutes because I have to do some things first, is that okay?" he asked warily. He knew how much I wanted this cast off.

I thought about it for a minute, "okay, but only 30 minutes, no more."

He grinned and nodded. "Yes, only 30 minutes."
Sensing the topic was over for now, I walked closer to him, analyzing his workspace. "What are you working on?"

"I'm trying to figure out how we can get this Kraang communication orb to work where we can hear what they are saying wherever another orb is located right at the moment. We can use it to find out what they are doing if we can hear their plans," he explained.

I nodded, "interesting, have you gotten that to work, or are you still working on it?"

"All I've gotten to hear is static," he crossed his arms and frowned at the orb. "But I will not stop until I get this right."

"Uh, maybe the Kraang didn't want their technology to work that way, so maybe what you're trying to accomplish, isn't possible?" I suggested, shruggingly. I tried being supportive, but not everything can work the way you want it too. That's just how the cookie crumbles.

"Anything is possible," he stated, giving me a small smile.

"Okay, I'm glad you have that spirit in you," I smiled back. I then turned away, making my way out of his lab, to let him finish working. "I"ll be watching TV, just come get me when you're ready. Then we can get this cast off, okay?"

"Okay."

With that, I gently closed the heavy metal door behind me, making sure it didn't creak in the process. I found Leo sitting on the couch outside. When he saw me, he opened his arms for me to snuggle into. I leaned my crutches on the couch's edge before wrapping my arms around his torso.