Prologue

"It's okay Kara, he'll come back, they all come back someday." Hannah said

in a soothing voice as I sobbed over her shoulder. I just couldn't believe he left without telling me. I held in my hand a note from my best friend, Connor Franta. The note read:

Dear Kara,

I don't know why I didn't just tell you that I was leaving to go to California  to live with O2L , I guess I just didn't have the heart to.  I left the house address under my pillow along with my old sweatshirt. I understand if you don't want to visit me, if I were you I would never want to see me again, but I will never forget you. It's hard to leave you, but my career is waiting. Someday I will see you again, and that is a promise.  It's not goodbye, it's see you later. I love you little kitten.

-Connor

He was right. I didn't want to see him. I never wanted to see him again. Or anything again for that matter. Dark thoughts rushed through my mind. Why did I have to see anything? I could just get away forever. I backed away from my best friend girl, Hannah. she looked in my fearful eyes. "No." She said sternly. How could she tell what I was thinking about?

"Well why not? It's not like I have anything to live for anymore. Without Connor-"

"No Kara. You have so much more to live for. Someday you and Connor will meet again and be besties or whatever. But you can't give up so soon. You just need to know that this is not the end.