Chapter 17

Chapter 17

By 9:00 Ricky and Jc were completely wasted. They walked clumsily around knocking things over and falling.  It was bothering me but the others seemed fine with it. I had had around three beers by this time and was feeling what some people would define as tipsy. I was sitting on the couch with Connor’s arm around my waist, laughing hysterically hard at something Kian had said. I clutched my side and grabbed another can of beer. I knew one more wasn’t gonna kill me. I reached for it and Connor took my hand.

“Slow down Kara. I think you’ve had enough. We don’t want any lap dancing or grinding going on in here.” I was a bit annoyed with him. I was 21, I think I could make my own decisions.

“Come on Connor. I just want a little fun! I mean it’s not like I’m taking shots!” I reached for the beer and Connor grabbed my hand, a little firmer this time.

“Kara, I said no.” He said sternly. I was so pissed by this time. I ripped my hand from his.

“I don’t need you to tell me what to do Connor. I’m my own person.”  I picked up the can, opened it and brought it to my lips.  And then in seconds, I was covered in beer. Connor had  knocked the can out of my hand and spilled it everywhere. I pushed him slightly. “WHAT THE HELL CONNOR!” He stood back up.

“I don’t need to be sorry I’m saving you from a hangover later.” That’s when something came over me. I looked down at my fists balled up and brought them up. I threw a punch at the back of his head, hitting him square in the neck. He turned around and looked at me with sad eyes. Then all at once my life flashed before my eyes. Connor picked up his hands, put them on my shoulders and pushed me backwards. Hard.  I closed my eyes as my head hit the coffee table and then the ground. I was conscious enough to know what was happening. I stood up, wobbling slightly and walked to Connors room slamming the door and falling on the bed face first. And I sobbed. I sobbed like I had never sobbed before. Which is completely not true. I could hear them downstairs.

“CONNOR FRANTA! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU JUST DID!?” Hannah yelled. I could barely hear Connor say, “Oh my God. What have I done.” I heard sniffles and then sobs. And then the door to his room creaked open. Connor walked in and looked down at me from above me.

“Go away Connor. I knew you were annoyed, but I thought you loved me. When you love someone, you do not hurt them Connor. I can’t believe you.” He just leaned in closer.

“I know baby, I’m sorry.” He leaned in closer and I tilted my head over to the left. He moved my head back so I was looking at him. “Come on baby girl. I know you don’t want to talk to me right now. But I need you to look me in the eyes. If you have a concussion we have to go to the hospital right now. I need to check.” He leaned in closer.

“Am I okay?” He nodded.

“Yeah.” Then he leaned in, and softly set his lips on mine. Our lips moved in sync, until my eyes shot open.

“No Connor.”

“Why not?”

“I love you Connor.  I love you more than you’ll ever know. But what you just did down there, I can’t forgive you for that, not for a while. Just give me some time.”He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

“Take all the time you need, princess.” And with that he left, shutting the door softly behind him. I kept my eyes open and stared at the ceiling.  That was until a drunken Ricky burst through the door. He stumbled over to the bed and layed down next to me. He grabbed me by the waist and pulled me to his side.

“Hey babe.  What do you  say we have  little fun?.” He said reaching across my body and grabbing my shirt. He started to lift it when I slapped his hand out off of me.

“Stop Ricky. You're drunk.” He shook his head.

“No baby. I’m not drunk I just want to love you.” He pushed his hand into my back pocket and I pushed him off the bed.

“Ricky!  Stop! I love you!  I do! Like a brother! We talked about this! Just stop!” He got up quickly and swiftly, then pulled me out of the bed pinning me to the wall.

“I didn’t say you had a choice.” He slurred taking off my shirt. I had one choice.

“CONNOR!”  I heard loud footsteps come up the stairs and the door flew open. Ricky let me go and turned around. Connor said nothing. All he did was run up to Ricky and threw a punch at his face. Ricky hit the ground and blood squirt from his nose. He stood back up and threw a punch at his stomach. Connor fell to the ground crippled over in pain as I ran to his side.  Ricky went to kick him but I threw myself in front of his foot, getting me kicked square in the nose.

“Stop both of you!” They looked over at me for a few seconds before proceeding to go all hunger games on each other. It was my fault. I was gonna be the reason that these best friends were torn apart.  It was always my fault. This would never happen if I was never born. Connor would be happy all the time.I couldn’t take it any more. It was time to say goodbye.