Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I layed down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. Was it too soon to see Connor again?  Maybe I wouldn't see Connor again. I reached my hand into the pocket of Connor's sweatshirt and pulled out the address of the O2L house.  I hadn't taken it out of it's place since that night. I wasn't going to that address.   My trip to L.A. was not going to be ruined by him. He has probably forgotten about little Kara Cartner.  I was going to L.A., and I wasn't going to see Connor. I was going to enjoy myself without a knife.  I got out of bed and got out a suit case. It was then I decided the old Kara wasn't gone, she just went on vacation. And today was the day she got back.

I rummaged through drawer after drawer finding my old jeans, shorts, skirts, dresses, and blouses. This is what the old Kara wore. Thank goodness she's back. I slipped off Connor's sweatshirt and replaced it with a white tanktop and teal cardigan. I took off my sweatpants and put on a pair of faded blue jeans on in there place. Then I put on something I never thought I would ever wear again. My dark blue TOMS.   I packed my bags full of the clothes I used to wear.

I was back and I would never leave again.  Hannah walked into the dorm room. "Hey you ready to go?" Today was the day I got on plane and flew to the place where dreams come true. Or in my case dreams are broken.  I clenched my teeth as the cold Minnesota air nipped at my cheeks.  I hopped into Hannah's car and drove down to the airport.  Songs played on the radio but I didn't dance. I didn't sing. I just sat there, terrified.  I jumped out of the car and walked in. This was happening. I was going to Cali. Nothing would change it. With my clothes in my bags, and my peace in mind I boarded the plane. Not much happened, other than sitting in silence for three hours. No matter how much I squirmed, it didn't go any faster.  

    "Kara wake up! We're here!" Hannah yell-whispered in my ear. I woke up immediately and saw people getting off. I hopped out of the plane and retrieved my bags.

"So um, what do you want to do now?" I asked her.

"I don't know about you but I'm in the mood for coffee."

"That sounds good. I just want to get out of this airport. It's really loud!" I said half yelling so she could hear me.  We left the airport and walked to a starbucks just down the street.  When we walked in, the only people in there were a couple of boys. I didn't pay much attention to  them, I mean, I just wanted my coffee.  I made my way to the counter. I was about to order when Hannah stopped me.

"We'll both have a medium chocolate chip frappe, with extra whipped cream. Oh and that will be under the name Hannah." She payed for me.  I can't complain, but shes done so much for me and barely ever lets me do anything for her. The man at the counter called her name.

"Hannah?" Hannah walked up to the man and grabbed our coffees.

"Thanks Hannah, you really didn't..." I was interrupted by one of the boys running into me.

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! I didn't see you walking by!" He kept rambling on and on. I didn't look up to see him.  I was too busy picking up the coffee cups that were on the floor. I was still listening, but after what he said next, I wish I wasn't.

"Kara?"