Chapter 8

Chapter 8

When I woke up the next morning and checked my phone, my social media websites were exploding.

Facebook:

Tessa Banks:

Update! Did you see that Connor Franta got a girl?! He deserves better! My advice to him, keep looking!

Twitter:

@Inlovew/ConnorF:

@KaraBear should go back where she came from. The Minnesota zoo! #Ratchet!

Instagram:

Kathy Burns: Really Connor? She’s not even cute!  If you see this Kara, go on a diet!

My heart dropped down to my stomach.  Is this what people really thought of me?  I didn’t want to start crying, but I did. I did my best to keep my best to stay silent while I wept, but I let a sob out. I quickly covered my mouth and stayed completely still. It was too late, Connor heard me.

“I heard that Kara. What’s wrong?” I clutched my Iphone tightly.

“Nothing I’m fine.” I tried to  cover up my tears, but I was still breathing deeply.

“It’s not nothing. Just tell me Kara Bear.”  I handed him my phone.  He scrolled through tweet after tweet criticizing our relationship. “These people are crazy. They don’t know what they’re talking about.”  He wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead.  “You’re beautiful. Understand me? Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.” I nodded, wiping tears from my eyes.Though I nodded, I didn’t believe him.  Now that I had been sobbing, I probably looked like a mess. But this was true proof that Connor loved me. When you love someone you put their feelings before yours. And that was exactly what he was doing.  I don’t know exactly how I knew what love truly is. My last boyfriend dumped me at the end of junior year. We had been together for a year and I thought I loved him. Then I saw him stuck on to the neck of Clementine Goldburger like a leech. I ignored it at first. Then, the next day he dumped me for that b.  I sat alone in my room for a week and didn’t eat. But the day it happened, Connor left his swim meet to come be with me. Then I realized. Connor was the reason I knew what love was. Connor had always put me before him. Connor wasn’t like my old boyfriend, Derek.  I looked up to Connor and replaced my sadness with a smile. “What?”

“Connor, you aren’t going to be like Derek, are you?” He looked shocked.

“You mean that douche bag you dated in high school? No. I’m going to be yours and you are going to be mine. That’s how this works. No leeching off with other girls.” I giggled as he kissed my forehead again. I don’t think I’ve ever ‘Giggled’ before, but it felt great.  I didn’t want to think that we would last forever, because not many things lasted forever, but I could tell that he wouldn’t give up, until I gave up, and I, I wasn’t giving up.  We didn’t have an okay to become our always, but always didn’t last forever.  But I would find away to love Connor for the rest of my time on this planet. Our always will be  for eternity. Our always is love.