Chapter Seventeen: Five years later

Alexya sighed, adjusting her four month old daughter as she suckled on her mother's breast.

"Ti lho detto, io faro la cena. Entrambi bisogno di riposo!" Dimitri scolded as he pulled her away from the stove. [I told you, I would make dinner. You both need rest!]

"I'm fine, Dimitri! She's just extra hungry today, especially after being so sick for a week," Alexya sighed as his head shook.

"Bed," he told her firmly. The moment her lip stuck out, he turned her away from him. She wasn't about to be getting her way this time. "Quello che to ho detto riguardo il broncio?" [What have I told you about pouting?]

"That you'll let me get my way because you love me," she smiled cheekily.

In response, her ass was smacked. "Don't think you are safe from punishment. I want you resting, not overworking. Go get some rest and I won't tell you again."

"Fine," she sighed and walked away. "Hey, no running inside!" She yelled at Khristian and Philippe as they zoomed by, their little sister Penelope not far behind. Of course, don't listen to your mother. She thought as she trudged up the winding staircase in their home. She looked out the floor to ceiling glass attatched to the stairs and watched as they ran to the playground Dimitri designed and began playing and laughing. At least her children were safe.

Walking into the nursery, Alexya placed Melody next to her sleeping twin, Symon before going to lay in bed. Her children were a bit of a handful but it made her love them all the more. It still shocked her, every time she got pregnant. She hadn't been trying, but that doesn't mean her husband hadn't been. He wanted a house full of children, got it, and still wants more.

Khristian was barely a year old when she found out she was having Philippe. Her husband was attentive to any and every need that ever arose, took immaculate care of her, making sure it was the best pregnancy experience of her life. When she'd fallen pregnant with Penelope not even a full two short years later, it was like having another boy. Her daughter played rougher than her brothers daily, but thankfully still acted like a girl around her cousin Seline. The two were joined at the hip and never left one another's side by choice. It was a shock when D'Kyla managed to have a little girl just minutes after her seeing as she wasn't due for another two months. It scared everyone but little Seline showed just how powerful her little body was when she was able to go home just a few days after her birth.

Alexya knew how scared and nervous her sister and best friend had been when she'd given birth too early.

The phone rang, waking Alexya from her nap. "Ciao?"

"Inviare il marito per ottenere il suo cugino o lo uccido." It was Aniyah and boy did she sound livid. She was having her third set of twins and Diego hadn't changed a bit over the years. Alexya believes he actually had gotten worse. Dimitri sure did rub off on the younger man. [Send your husband to get his cousin or I'll kill him]

"What now?"

She listened as Aniyah explained how her husband won't let her throw a party for her own birthday. She felt he should let her do what she wanted because it was his fault she'd just mysteriously end up pregnant every birthday. It was like he kept her pregnant to keep her home. She swore she'd never let him touch her again, but then she'd magically be pregnant again. Aniyah was tired of giving him children, something Alexya completely understood. She was in the same boat of telling him not to even breathe in her general direction.

"Dimitri is currently making dinner, but I'll tell him to either call or stop over so they can talk. He can't keep you from being you forever."

"Thank you!" Aniyah cried out in joy. "Non avete idea di quanto sia felice che mi fa!" [You have no idea how that makes me feel!]