CHAPTER 13

I woke up early, stretching my body and slide open the curtain in my room, showing the bright light of day. [F/N] and Kuro were still asleep, after I open the curtain they immediately covered themselves with the blanket preventing to meet the bright light (of course, a vampire). And I guess Uncle is too. I went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast before they wake up.

After a while, [F/N] wakes up (still in the covers) and found out that Kuro was sleeping near her neck, feeling the warm of Kuro’s black fur on her neck.

“Wake up, Kuro.” [F/N] lie on her stomach and her hands support her to stand slightly on her back and looked at Kuro. Kuro wasn’t responding to her wake up call so he just turn around, “Come one, Kuro.” [F/N] play with his paws, lifting them up, she saw the cuteness in Kuro’s cat form.

“Stop it.” Kuro mumble and his eyes were still closed. He felt pleasure when she rub his stomach. After that, I came to call her for breakfast.

“Is Kuro still asleep?” I looked at them, still covered by the blanket. I yank away the blanket and they struggle seeing the sunlight cover them (like the sunlight would kill them). It took awhile for her to let the sunlight get to her to fully wake up. Waking up, Kuro went to my bed and continue sleeping. While [F/N] folded the futon, she wanted to wake Kuro up but I stopped her, “Just let him be, [F/N]. It will take a while until he wakes up.” I said. Going back to the kitchen and [F/N] followed me.

We sat at the dining table to eat breakfast, [F/N] brought the book with her. Toru came out of his room and have breakfast with us. Seeing her eat while reading, I took the book from her hands.

“Mahiru.” she reaches her hand towards the book that I took from her,

“No books in the dining table.” I put the book away. Seeing us behave like that, Toru smiled.

“You know, the two of you are like siblings.” Uncle said, [F/N] and I stopped fighting over the book. “It’s rare to have an atmosphere like this.”

“Toru-san, have you always wanted an atmosphere like this?” [F/N] asked,

“Yeah. I know that I work too much until I forgot how a happy family is.” Tora pats her head, “But seeing this calms me down.” he smile again, “Plus, Mahiru doesn’t seem to be lonely anymore with you here... and Kuro, too.”

[F/N] and I were touch to hear Toru’s feelings. She hug Toru, a bright happy smile shown on her lips. I join the hug too, making Toru fall from his chair with us along still hugging him. After that fall, Toru didn’t seem to get mad yet he laugh so much about our behavior.

“If I were to have you two as my real child.” Toru puts both his hand on [F/N] and my head. “I’d be the happiest father.”. As he said, [F/N] and I suddenly felt happy yet a bit sad. Tears fall out of our eyes,

“Hey. Why are you two crying?” Toru tried to stop us from crying. He didn’t know what to do to stop us from crying more, so he hug us both back. “There. There.” Both his arms was comforting us, “You two had it hard, losing the most important people in your life.” We slowly stop crying after, fighting the sob sound that we each made from the tears.

“Now. Get ready for school or you two will be late.” Toru help us stand up. When he was about to leave us to get ready, [F/N] tugged on his shirt.

“Thank you.” she said and gets ready for school.

“Uncle.” I stop him this time,

“Stop it already. You two will make me cry.” he ruffles my head. “Go.”

~ ~ ~

We’re ready to go to school, Kuro woke up and now is on [F/N]’s shoulder. Toru was waiting for us at the front door, seeing us off to school, he hug us again before we leave.