2.12 | The Plural for Loss

Disclaimer: I (sadly) don't own The 100, which was created by Jason Rothenberg. GOOD JOB, Mister Rothenberg.
- - - -

- 12 -- The Plural for Loss -

- 12 -
- The Plural for Loss -

She didn't know when she gained consciousness back, but all that entered her mind was a loud high pitched noise. Coralie couldn't see or feel anything and her brain went numb. It was as if she was in a void.

And then she felt feeling in her index finger, leading up to her other fingers and eventually her entire hand. She gained feeling in her entire left arm and it spread from there to her chest. When it traveled to her lower torso, she let out an agonizing scream subconsciously when the pain had struck.

She opened her burning eyes and was only met with dust. She coughed profusely before letting out a cry.

Her senses kicked in one by one. The high pitch never left, but it faded and the new sound of other screams filled her ears.

She could barely see anything with the clouds of smoke and dust engulfing her surroundings.

"A-Ace!" She tried to scream, but it came out as a strained yell. "Ace!" She tried again.

Her eyes moved around frantically, trying to gain some type of sight through everything. She attempted to tug herself up, but another painful cry left her mouth at the feeling coming from her stomach. There was something wedged in her. She could feel the blood seeping from the wound.

It was then that she felt immense heat. She was sweating profusely and tears fell down her face.

Only a few seconds later, she could begin to see through the hazy fog. People ran past, bloody and injured.

"Ace!" She cried when her eyes landed on his form a few feet in front of her. A large piece of wood, almost the size of an entire tree trunk, was on his legs and he appeared to be limp. "H-help!"

"Coralie," Leah uttered, running to the girl's side. The redhead also had blood seeping from her torso, although not nearly as much, and she didn't mind her own injury.

"Help Ace," she pleaded. "Please. Please help him." Coralie used her left hand to point to the boy not too far away.

"I need to-"

"Please," she bawled. "Tell me he's alive."

"I'll check on him," Leah promised. "After I-"

"No!" Coralie begged. "Please, Leah." Leah clenched her jaw glancing from Coralie to Ace before nodding once and trying her best to quickly get to Ace.