Chapter 22

A/N: I know Luke only kisses Leia on the forehead, but I wanted to put in the 'I love you' and 'I know' in it. In loving memory of Carrie Fisher aka Princess Leia Organa

The Resistance landed safely on the mineral planet Crait. "General, it doesn't look like there is another way out." One of the Resistance members said. "Keep looking there has to be a way out of here." Leia replied then went to sit down. "General, here they come with a big, battering ram. Once it is powered up it will destroy the door." Finn said. "But we did find some sand jumpers. They can at least hold them off for a bit." Poe jumped in.

"Very well, let's do it." Leia replied. Poe, Finn and Rose went into the ships with other members to try to push the First Order back. "DESTROY THEM ALL!!" Kylo Ren shouted. The First Order began to attack the Rebels using TIE fighters. While the other members tried pushing the First Order back, Leia sees a hooded figure walk towards her. She stays calm and waits for the stranger to show him/herself. As the person takes off his hood, it is revealed that it is her brother Luke.

"Luke, I know what you're going to say. I changed my hair." Leia smiled at him. "It's nice that way. Leia, I am so sorry." Luke replied grabbing his sister's hands and putting his head down in shame. "I know, I know you are. I am just glad you're here at the end." Leia told him squeezing his hands in reassurance. "I came to face him Leia, I cannot save him. He is to far gone." He said to her with tears welling up in his eyes.

Deep down both Luke and Leia believed that or at least hoped, Ben could have been saved. "I held out hope for so long. But, I know my son is gone." Leia replied. "No one is ever really gone." Luke assured her standing up and then kissing his sister on her forehead. "I love you Leia." He whispered. Leia smiled and simply replied with I know. Luke then turned to C-3PO and shot him a wink, "Master Luke." The droid replied watching the Jedi Master go into the now destroyed doorway.