Chapter 3

"Hello! I'm Matsui Jurina. Nice to meet you." Jurina said before bowing in front of her new classmates. She looked around her new class and her eyes becomes fixed on a certain person who is already staring at her.

Jurina smiled upon recognizing that person. How could she ever forget the person who has saved her life that night. And who would have thought that they would be classmates in her new school.

"Jurina, you can take that empty seat at the back beside Rena." Their teacher said, pointing at the empty seat. "Okay." Jurina replied before moving towards the empty seat. "So her name is Rena." She thought.

"Hi there! So we meet again." Jurina said with a smile as she sat beside Rena. Rena doesn't know what to say so she just nodded. "By the way, I'm Jurina." She said offering her hand. "Rena. I'm Matsui Rena." Rena said as she accepts Jurina's hand after hesitating at first. "Wow! So cool, we have the same surname!" Jurina said happily.

"Ehem!" Their attention suddenly turned to their teacher in front.

------

Rena couldn't help but steal some glances at the girl who is sitting right beside her. All throughout their first period, Rena has not been able to focus in class. Not that she care though as she is not the type who listens to class attentively. Most often than not, she was just waiting for the class to end so she could go up to the rooftop to sleep. But today, her attention was all focused on the new student who have the same surname as her. She didn't even noticed that the class has already ended.

Just as some of the students were coming out of the classroom, one student came in looking for Jurina. "Is there a student here named Matsui Jurina?" The student asked. One of their classmates pointed to Jurina who is busy arranging her things in her bag. "Jurina!" The student called and Jurina looked up. "Mayu!" She said as she stood up and walked happily towards the student waiting at the door. "Long time no see! I thought you were only joking when you said you will be transferring here." Mayu said after she gave a quick hug to Jurina.

Just as the two were busy talking with each other, Rena went out of the classroom and decided to go up to the rooftop just like what she usually do. As she was on her way up, she heard some students talking.

"Hey, have you heard about the new student?"

"Oh, you mean Matsui Jurina from 2B? I heard that she's a genius."

"Yeah. Rumor has it that she's supposed to be on her final year in middle school but she got accelerated. She even entered this school with full scholarship."

Rena stopped for a while and decided to listen to the conversation.

"You think, if we go and make her do our homework and projects she would complain?" Asked one of the students. "Nah, I don't think so. We can just go and scare her a little and - " their conversation was cut off when they saw Rena glaring at them as she walked towards them.

"Ge-gekikara?" They muttered as they moved back.

"You..." Rena said as she started biting her nails. "If you try to do something to the new student, I'll make sure that you won't be able to come to this school ever again."

"H-hai." They said before running away. Rena just watched them before continuing on her way to the rooftop.

"Threatening some students for the sake of the new kid. That's not like you Gekikara." Yuki said without putting down her book when Rena reached the rooftop.

Rena just shrugged it off and walked towards the bench where she used to sleep.

"I wonder what's so special about that transfer student.." Yuki continued. "Just think whatever you like. I'll be sleeping for a while." Rena said as she lie down.

-------

Rena woke up and found that it's already afternoon. "She didn't wake me up again." She said to herself as she went down. As usual, Rena has overslept, making her skip some of her classes.

Just as she entered their classroom, she was surprised to see Jurina still seated on her seat. Rena chose to ignore her and proceeded to get her bag when she felt a tug on her jacket. She looked back and saw Jurina holding on to her.

"Uhm, Rena-chan..." Jurina said as she was still holding on to her jacket. "Why?" Rena asked. "Uhm, I wonder if you will come with me today?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" Rena asked in confusion. "I... I just want to thank you for the last time so I want to treat you. I think it's the only thing that I can do for saving me." Jurina explained.

"No, it's alright. No need for you to treat me. You already thanked me back then." Rena replied. "But..." Jurina looked at her with her puppy face. Rena was quite taken aback but then a smile drew on her face. She messed with Jurina's hair before replying. "Alright. I'll come with you."

------

Author's note: so uhm, how was the story going so far? I'm actually not sure if this story is good enough he he but I am hoping that you guys like it. :)