Chapter 19

"J-Jurina..." She said.. "Huh?" "J-Jurina.. what happened to her? Is she alright?" Rena said as she tried to get up but she felt a sharp pain on her side. "Argh!!"

"Rena! Are you alright? You still can't move. You're stab wound might re-open." Her mother said as she tried to stop Rena from getting up.

"N-no. I need t-to s-see her. I n-need to make sure she's a-alright.."

Just then the door suddenly opened and the doctor in charge of her entered the room. "If I were you Miss Matsui, I will not strain myself. You just woke up after being in coma for almost three weeks." The doctor said.

"What about Jurina? How is she? Is she safe?" Rena asked. "Your friend is still unconscious as she got hit on her head and she also got some broken bones on her shoulder." The doctor replied. "What? I need to see her. Please let me see her. It's my fault that she got hurt." Rena said as she tries to get up once again from her bed while the nurse and her mother were trying to stop her.

"Rena, you should listen to your doctor. You just woke up and hasn't recovered yet." Her mother said as she tries to hold her daughter down. "But I need to see her, mom. Please let me see her." Rena pleaded.

The doctor who was watching them pushed her eyeglasses as she sighed in defeat. "Alright. If you really insist on seeing her, I'll let you see her later provided that you will undergo first all the physical examinations to make sure that you don't have any other injury or complications." After hearing those words, Rena stopped struggling. "Really? Thank you doctor." She said as she bowed her head.

-------

Yuki and Mayu were both having their lunch at the rooftop of their school when Yuki's phone rang. "Hello? Auntie?"

Mayu stopped eating as she watched her stood up in surprise. "What happened?" Mayu asked. Yuki looked at her. "Rena. Her mother said that she just woke up."

-------

After a series of tests that was performed on Rena, she was finally allowed to see Jurina who was still lying unconscious inside the private ward that Rena's parents provided them. Rena was placed on a wheel chair and her mother walked her to the private ward where she met Jurina's mother who just came out after checking on her daughter. 

"Auntie," Rena said as soon as she saw her. "So it's true that you're finally awake, Rena-chan." Jurina's mom said. "Auntie, I-" Before Rena could finish her words, Jurina's mother cut her off. "I know you are here to see my daughter. You can head inside. If you want to talk, we can do that later." She said before walking away. Rena was surprised by the coldness of Jurina's mother towards her but she didn't blame her. She knows very well she's just worried about her daughter and she's also to be blamed about what happened to Jurina.

She looked back to her mother and signaled her push her inside the room. There, Rena found Jurina lying on her bed with her eyes closed and with several monitoring apparatus attached to her body. "Can you wait for me outside? I want to be alone with her." Rena said. "Alright." Her mother said before leaving the room.

Rena moved her wheelchair close to Jurina's bed. Now, she was finally able to get a closer look on her. Rena took her hand and held it tight. "Hi..." She said. "I'm sorry if you were dragged into this mess. And now, you're here lying unconscious after trying to save me." She continued as her voice started to crack and the tears are now threatening to fall from her eyes.

"I know this is not the right time to say this, but I realized how much you really mean to me the moment you got kidnapped.

"I already know that you're special the moment that you wrapped my wounded hand with your handkerchief the first time that we met. And even though we have only spent short time together, I already know that the more I spend time with you, the more I am slowly falling for you. That's why, if you can hear me, please wake up. I like you Jurina. And I want to spend more time together with you and make lots of memories together."

Rena held Jurina's hand tight and gave it a kiss as the tears now stream down her face.

Just then, Jurina twitched her finger. "Jurina?" Rena said as she now wiped her tears. Jurina's finger moved once again and she slowly opened her eyes.

"Jurina? Can you hear me?" Rena asked in excitement. Jurina slowly looked at her with a blank look. "Who... A-are... Y-you?"