Chapter 20 (part 2)

Jurina was staring blankly at the ceiling, her mind wondering back at the girl who was holding her hand the moment that she woke up. Though she may not be able to recognize her, but somehow there's something that hurts inside her the moment that she saw her crying out of worry towards her.

Her thoughts were broken when she heard a knock on her door. The door slowly opened and Jurina's lips curved to a smile. "Mayu! Come here!" She said as she raised her hand and waved at her. Mayu was surprised but then walked towards her friend who just woke up after several weeks in coma.

"You recognize me?" Mayu asked as she sat on the chair besides Jurina's bed. "Of course, silly. How am I supposed to forget my best friend?" Jurina replied.

Mayu looked at her in confusion. "So, do you remember what happened to you?"

"I don't. I just woke up and I was already here and there's this girl who was crying while holding my hand. By the way, do you know who that girl is?"

-----

"I'll go ahead now, Matsui-san. But that doesn't mean that I'll let you off the hook. We will continue on with the investigation. " Inspector Takahashi said.

"Don't worry. I won't go anywhere. Like what I've said earlier, I will face whatever punishment you will give me." Rena replied. "Alright. I'll see you later." The midget inspector said before leaving the room. Just then, Yuki entered Rena's room.

"Hi." Yuki said, to which Rena only replied with a nod. "I heard from your mom that you're already awake." Yuki said.

"Yeah."

"So, how are you feeling right now?" Yuki asked. "My body aches so bad especially my wound here." Rena replied, pointing to her side where she got stabbed. "It's good to see that you're alive after what happened. Do you know how worried your parents are when they learned that you're here in the hospital?"

Rena chuckled bitterly. "Were they? Well that's a news. My dad even told the police that I'm awake."

"Rena," Yuki said but Rena cut her off. "It's fine, Yuki." Rena said then she looked outside, trying to hide the tears forming on her eyes. "I'm kind of expecting it already. And besides I'm ready to face whatever they will give me as punishment. It's fine, especially now that Jurina's finally awake."

"You already met her?" Yuki asked. Rena nodded. "Yeah. But she doesn't recognize me."

"What do you mean?"

"I was there when she opened her eyes but can't remember me." Rena said. "You mean like she has amnesia?"

"I think so." Rena said then she sighed. "Well, as long as she's fine, it's alright even if she doesn't remember me. I think it would be better since she won't be involved in danger anymore."

-----

"You really don't remember her?" Mayu asked. "Yes. Do you know her?"

"Well, she's your classmate. You belong to the same class as her when you transferred to my school." Mayu explained. "Wait, so you mean I transferred to your school? But I haven't even graduated in middle school yet. And besides, I am studying in Aichi. How come I transferred to your school here in Tokyo?"

"So you also don't remember moving here with your mom?"

"We moved here? Since when?" Jurina asked but she suddenly felt a sharp pain on her head. "Argh!!"

"Jurina? Are you alright?" Mayu asked as she rushed to her side. "M-my head! It hurts! Feels like my head is being split up. Argh!"

"Hold on! I'm going to call the doctor!" Mayu said in panic before going out of Jurina's room.