Chapter 25

Rena stood outside of their house. The feeling of nostalgia came into her as looked at it. For her, it's as if she travelled back in time to those days when her sister was still alive and their family was living happily in harmony. As if that tragedy that broke them apart wasn't going to happen.

While she was deep in her thoughts, she didn't noticed that her mother was already standing by her side.

"Rena." Rena's thoughts were cut off upon hearing the familiar voice. "Mom?" She said as she turned to her side. Rena's mom walked towards her and hugged her tight. "Welcome back, my daughter."

-----

One and a half year ago

Rena arrived at the police station together with Inspector Takahashi. There she saw her parents already waiting for her. Her mother walked towards her while her father stood firmly on where he is.

"Are you sure about this?" her mother asked. Rena nodded. "Yes." she replied. "I must pay for what I've done. So it's only natural that I have to go through this." She continued.

"We're going to wait for you." Her mother said. To which, Rena only answered with a nod. "You can go now. He's waiting for you." She said. Her mother looked back to her father who walked towards them. He didn't say anything, instead he placed a hand on Rena's shoulder, much to her surprise, and give a gentle pat. Then he turned to his wife. "Let's go."

Rena only watched the two of them as they walked towards their family car. "Dad..." she muttered.

-----

"Come inside. Your father has been waiting for you." Her mother said as she get the bag from Rena's hand and lead her inside their house. Rena followed her quietly. She looked around as she entered their house. "I see, seems like nothing has changed." she said to herself. She stopped walking when she saw her father sitting on the sofa, reading some newspaper. Rena felt like she was back in the past when she was just a little girl and would come home from school and would see her father like that.

Her father lifted his head and saw Rena standing not too far from him. He folded the newspaper and put it down beside him. Rena felt nervous as she stood there. She doesn't know how to act in front of him especially that they haven't seen each other for over a year.

He stood up and looked at her intently. "Follow me." he said before walking into his office. Rena followed while her mother just watched them before she went to Rena's room to place her bags in there.

-----

"So, what are you planning to do now?" her father asked as he looked out on the window. "Let me work in one of our branches here. Not in the office but in one of our stores. I want to stand on my own without relying on you or in your money." she replied.

Her father turned around to look at her. He studied her and once he was sure that she's serious, he finally spoke. "Alright. If that's what you want."

"Also, let me move out of this house." she added. "Go ahead and do what you want. You are old enough to know what's good and what's bad for you. Just don't bring another shame to this household."