Chapter 26 (Part 2)

"What took you so long?" Jurina asked. Mayu  sat beside her. "Well, uhm..." Just as she was about to answer, the nurse went out of the room and called the next patient. "Patient Matsui Jurina, please come inside now."

"I'll tell you later. For now, let's get inside." Mayu said as she helped Jurina to get up from her seat. "Alright." Jurina replied with a pout.

-----

"Is she alright?" Rena asked again.

"Yes." Yuki replied. "I saw her the other day."  Rena said, much to her friend's surprise. "What? Where?" Yuki asked.

"The day that I was released from the facility, I stopped by in front of their shop." Rena said.

Yuki looked at her friend in surprise, unable to say anything. "Did you talk to her?" she finally asked. Rena shooked her head. "No. She was walking with another girl that time and Jurina looked like she was enjoying so I didn't bother them."

"What did the other girl looked like?" Yuki asked. "Short haired, almost the same height as Jurina. She's quite pretty, I must say." Rena replied.

"That must be Sakura." Yuki said. "Sakura?" Rena asked.

"They met at the hospital before when Jurina was still there. Sakura's working as a part timer there and also her friend was also at the same hospital as Jurina." Yuki explained.

-----

"Do you still experience some headaches?" Dr. Shinoda asked. "Yeah. Sometimes but not as often as before." Jurina replied. "I see. By the way has there been any improvement on your eyesight? Like you were able to see all of a sudden?"

"Nope. It is still the same."

"Alright. We're going to run some tests on you today, just to be sure about your condition. "

"Is there something wrong about me?" Jurina asked.

"We can't say for now. Your condition can be improving or the other way around that's why we have to do some tests to make sure."

After all the necessary tests were done, they were called back inside the doctor's office.

"It seems that the clot on your occipital lobe has been moving slowly. But it would still be pretty dangerous to perform a surgery to get rid of it." Dr. Shinoda said. "So that means, I would continue to be blind for quite some time?" Jurina asked.

"Yes. That's right. But we will still look for another way for you to see again without putting your life in danger."

"What if the clot won't be removed, would I become blind for the rest of my life?"

"That's possible."

-----

"By the way, there's something you need to know about Jurina. I don't know if I should say this..." Yuki said as she took a sip of her coffee.

"What is it?"

"Jurina has gone blind."

"What?! How? What really happened to her?!"

"Do you think I can calm down after you said that Jurina has gone blind?"

"It's the reason why Mayu has to accompany Jurina for her check up today." Yuki said.

"You haven't answered my question. How did she become blind?"

"Well, remember when she got hit at the back of her head back then at the warehouse when you saved her?"

"Yes. What about it?"

"Apparently, it produced a blood clot on her head which moved to her occipital lobe which caused her to become blind temporarily unless a surgery will be made." Yuki explained.

Rena felt that her energy has been sucked out of her body after hearing Yuki's words.

"So, I'm the reason why she became like that..."