Chapter 26 (Part 1)

"Go ahead and do what you want. You are old enough to know what's good and what's bad for you. Just don't bring another shame to this household."

"Right. All you ever care is whether I bring another shame to the family or not. I'm sorry I'm not a perfect daughter like my sister." Rena said. "You don't have to worry about that anymore because I will be moving out of this house to live on my own." with that said, Rena went out of her father's office and went straight to her room.

-----

"Jurina, are you sure you'll be fine here on your own?" her mother asked. "Yes. Don't worry about me. I can manage. Besides, Mayu will be here later on to accompany me." Jurina replied.

"Alright. If you insist. If only I don't have an appointment today, I would have accompanied you to your check up." Her mother said. "It's alright. I promise, I won't cause any trouble today." Jurina replied. "You better not. Do you know how worried I was the last time that you went out alone? It's a good thing that Sakura-chan found you."  Her mother said.

"I know. That's why, I'm saying that I won't do it again. I promise."

-----

"Did you and your daughter fight again?" Rena's mother asked as she entered the office. "Not really." He replied. "You know, Rena just got out and it's the first time that she came home after a long time. Can't you be more welcoming to your daughter?"

"I just gave her what she wants." He said.

"What do you mean?"

"She told me that she wants to live on her own and that she wants to work." He said as he stood from his chair and faced the window. From there, he saw his daughter walked out with her luggage. "Our daughter has finally grown up. She's no longer the little girl who used to follow her sister. That's why I told her that she can do what she wants." He continued.

"Honey..."

"I may have been harshed towards her through the years, but it's for her own sake."

------

Rena wandered around the city, unsure of her destination.  She stopped in front of the restaurant owned by Jurina's mom, but she noticed that it was closed so she walked away, until she heard someone called her name. She looked back to see who it was and saw Mayu standing behind her with Yuki.

"Mayu? Yuki?" She said. "So it's really you, Rena." Yuki said.

---

"Sorry I wasn't able to meet you the day you came out of the facility." Yuki said. "I have a duty at the supermarket that day."

"It's alright." Rena said as she took a sip on her juice.

"Sorry I have to go now. I'm already late." Mayu said as she stood up.

"Were you going somewhere?" Rena asked. "Yes. I promised to accompany Jurina today with her check up. She must already be waiting." Mayu replied then she hurried to get out of the cafe before Rena could ask another question.

Silence filled the air before Rena decided to ask. "Jurina. Did something happened to her?"

Yuki looked at her. "is she alright? Rena asked again.

-----

"Auntie, sorry I'm late." Mayu said as she catch her breath. "I thought you're not going to come." Jurina said. "Jurina! Maybe something happened that's why Mayu-chan was late." Her mother said before she turned to Mayu. "I'll be leaving Jurina to you. I have to go now."

"Yes. Don't worry auntie. Have a safe trip." Mayu replied.