Chapter 17(part 2)

"Jurina, just wait for me. I'll get you out of there." She said to herself as she speed up.

Memories from what transpired twelve years ago came in rushing on her mind like a movie.

"Rena, run!" Her sister said as she was trying to get her out of the abandoned building where their kidnappers have taken them.

"Onee-chan," Young Rena was already crying as she held on to her sister's hand as they ran.

The two of them could hear the angry voices of the guys who were after them.

Her sister pulled her to the nearest corner, trying to calm her down. "Listen Rena, you need to continue running until you reached the exit. I'm going to distract them so you have enough time to get out."

Young Rena shook her head and held onto her sister tight. "No. I want to come with you. I'm scared."

Her sister gave her a reassuring smile as she wipe away Rena's tears. But before she could say something, they heard the loud voices and footsteps coming nearer. Her sister covered her mouth and pulled her to a secluded corner. "Stay here."

Unknown to Rena, tears are now falling from her eyes as she drive her way to Jurina. For her, the events that have happened in her past that she's been trying hard to forget are all coming back to her at once and she doesn't want it repeat again this time.

-------

"Uhmmph!! Uhmph!!" Jurina has been struggling from her seat. She wanted to shout but she can't because of the tape on her mouth.

Sayanee sat in front of her, removing the tape from her mouth. "Argh!" Jurina whimpers in pain because of the sudden removal of the tape. "You bastard!" She said angrily. Sayanee smirked. "Say whatever you like. Soon, your friend Gekikara will be here. It's better to save your energy until then."

------

Mayu couldn't choose which among the latest manga releases she will get so she ended up getting one each title. She walked absentmindedly to the cashier as her mind drifted to Jurina who she noticed that is not acting like her usual self earlier at school. "I wonder if it's because of what she saw yesterday." She thought.

"Is this all?" Her thoughts were broken when she heard the voice of the cashier. Somehow it feels kind of familiar to her ears. "Yes." She replied without looking.

"It's ¥1,190 in total." Said the cashier. Mayu got her wallet from her bag and handed the amount asked to the cashier.

"Eh? Kashiwagi-senpai, you're working here?" She asked upon recognizing the cashier in front. "Yeah. This is where I work as a part timer. By the way, stop calling me senpai. It makes me feel old. Just call me Yuki." Yuki said with a smile as she wrapped the manga that Mayu bought. "O-okay Ka- no, I mean Y-Yuki."

"That sounds better. By the way, here is your manga." Yuki said as she handed the manga to Mayu. "Thank you. I'll be leaving now." Yuki just nodded and she watched as Mayu went out of the supermarket.

Just as Mayu came out of the supermarket, her attention was caught by a speeding motorcycle that passed by. "Rena-san?"

------

Rena arrived at the port where the abandoned warehouse was located. She was welcomed by a group of Gekioko students who were armed with steel pipes and pieces of wood.

"Where's Jurina?"

------

Jurina was struggling to remove the rope that was tied around her wrists. "If I were you, I wouldn't waste my energy trying to break free like that." Miru said as she watched the poor girl struggling to break free. "Shut up! I won't let you all hurt Rena!"