Chapter 20 (part 1)

"Who... A-are... Y-you?"

Those words left Rena in shock. "J-Jurina, it's me. Rena. Matsui Rena. Don't you recognize me?" Rena asked but Jurina only looked at her blankly as if trying to remember her and suddenly Jurina winced in pain.

"Argh!"

"Jurina? What's happening to you?" Rena asked worriedly when she saw that Jurina was in pain. She turned her wheelchair and she tried to reach for the buzzer to call for some help. After a while, the door opened and the doctor assigned to Jurina together with a couple of nurses entered the room. "Doctor, what's happening to her?" Rena asked. "Miss Matsui, it's better if you will leave for a while. Please wait outside while we check on her." One of the nurses said to her.

"But -" before Rena could continue one of the nurses pushed her wheelchair out. Just then, Jurina's mother came. "What happened?"

"Jurina is finally awake." Rena replied.

----

Rena was sitting on her bed when the door suddenly opened. She frowned when it's not the doctor who came in but someone from the police department. Her reaction didn't go unnoticed by the police officer. "I'm sorry that I'm not the one you are waiting for, Matsui-san."

"No, it's fine." Rena replied. "I'm inspector Takahashi Minami, from Tokyo Police Department. Your father has told me that you were awake so I came here."

Rena wasn't surprised when she heard that her father has already informed the police that she's already awake. "He must've really want me to go." She thought.

"I'm just here to ask you some questions about what happened at the port." Inspector Takahashi continued.

"What do you want to know?" Rena asked.

------

"Auntie!" Mayu called as soon as she arrived in front of Jurina's room at the hospital. "Mayu-chan,"

"Jurina's awake." Jurina's mom said. "Really? Can I see her?" Mayu said as she was about to go inside but Jurina's mother stopped her. "The doctors are still examining her. And by the looks of it, it seems that she doesn't remember Rena-chan."

"You mean, she might have amnesia? But, wait, did you say Rena-chan? Rena came earlier?" Mayu asked.

"Yes. She came here as soon as she woke up. And while she was inside, Jurina finally wake up but my daughter can't seem to recognize her."

------

"So, you only went there to save your friend who was kidnapped, that's why you have beaten those kids?" Inspector Takahashi asked.

"Right." Rena replied. "It's my fault that this happened to her. Whatever is the punishment that you will give me, I will gladly accept it."

"Well, it's not for me to decide how you are going to be punished. But I think the judge might consider your reason for beating them up. But still, you could've called for the police and not put the law in your hands."

Rena shrugged and looked outside. "I didn't regret anything that I did that day. If Jurina happens to be in danger once again in the future, I will definitely do it again to save her."