Chapter 18 (part 1)

"Doctor, her blood pressure is dropping!" The nurse who was monitoring Rena's vitals said as they were in the middle of suturing her stab wound. "Hurry bring in the extra bags of blood!"

------

"Nurse, I heard there's a patient named Matsui Jurina that was rushed here earlier?" Jurina's mother asked the nurse on duty as she came in rushing upon hearing that Jurina was rushed to the hospital earlier in the evening.

"Ah the patient that was brought in earlier by her friend, she's currently in the Intensive Care Unit due to her head injury. She's still under observation as of the moment." The nurse said after checking on the patients record. Jurina's mother felt like all of her strength have been sucked away from her body when she heard that her daughter is currently in the ICU. "Ma'am, are you alright?" The nurse asked when she saw how pale she is and how she looked like she would faint anytime soon. "Yes, I'm alright. W-where's the ICU? Can I see her?" She asked but before the nurse could answer, Mayu came in running to her side. "Auntie!" She called.

"Mayu-chan," But before they could speak to each other, a nurse came out of the operating room. "What's the matter?" The nurse that they were talking to asked. "The patient's blood pressure is dropping because she has lost too much blood. We need to get more blood for the transfusion." The nurse from the operating room explained before she went on her way to get the blood needed.

-----

Rena slowly opened her eyes as she felt the heat of the sun on her skin. "Wha-" she stopped what she's about to say as she looked around her surrounding. She found herself sitting underneath a Sakura tree in the middle of a field.

"Where am I?" She asked herself and just before she was about to get up, she noticed something heavy on her lap. Rena turned her attention to the weight on her lap and was surprised to see Jurina sleeping, with her head laid on her lap. A smile drew on Rena's face as she combed Jurina's hair with her fingers. She stopped when she felt something moist as she stroke on her hair. Just then, Rena felt that Jurina's hand fell on her side.

"Jurina?" She tried to wake her up but there is no response from the sleeping girl. It was then that Rena realized that something is wrong. She lifted her hand where she felt something moist on Jurina's head. To her horror, she saw her hand covered with blood. "No! Jurina! Wake up!" Rena said, with tears already forming on her eyes, as she tries to wake Jurina up.

Just then, she noticed that the two of them were no longer underneath the Sakura tree, but they were now inside the abandoned warehouse. Rena was still holding the unconscious Jurina in her arms. "Jurina please don't die. Open your eyes please." She said as she tightens her hold on her.

-------

Rena's parents came in rushing to the hospital as soon as they heard that Rena got stabbed and was now in the middle of the surgery.

"Excuse me, we're looking for the patient named Matsui Rena. They said that she was admitted here." Rena's mother asked the nurse. "Ah Matsui Rena... She's currently undergoing the surgery now. Her stab wound is actually pretty deep and she has lost too much blood so she's currently inside the operating room."

Just as they were talking, a short woman accompanied by a police officer came in. "Excuse me," the woman said then she showed them her badge. "Inspector Takahashi Minami from Tokyo Police Department. Are you Matsui Rena's parents?"

"Yes. I'm her mother."

"Pleased to meet you Mrs. Matsui. I will get straight to the point here, it seems that your daughter has been involved in an incident in one of the abandoned warehouse in the port area. A group of Gekioko students has been badly beaten and there's a witness who saw your daughter getting into a fight with them earlier today." Inspector Takahashi explained.  Mrs. Matsui felt like her strength has escaped her body while Rena's father massaged his forehead. "Another fight?" He said angrily while his wife tries to calm him down.

"Inspector Takahashi, isn't it?" She nodded. "As you can see, our daughter is currently in the middle of the surgery, fighting for her life. I guess it would be best if you will come back once it is over. We promise to give you our full cooperation. If Rena is proven guilty then we will hand her over. But right now her safety is the most important thing to us." Mr. Matsui said.

"Alright. I understand. We will come back once she has fully recovered to continue our investigation."