Love

"Morning, Yoongs," Jin greeted as Yoongi walked into the kitchen.

"Hi, hyung," he looked and sounded as though he hadn't slept for even a second that night.

"Couldn't sleep?"

"Nah, but it's okay. I'll catch up on it tonight,"

The older hummed in response while Yoongi grabbed a bottle of water and chugged a little less than half of it.

Jin set out a plate and player served some eggs and toast on it for Yoongi.

"Oh, hyung, that won't really be necessary," It wasn't that Yoongi was starving himself or anything, it was more of the fact that he didn't really have an appetite these days.

"Nonsense, Yoongs. Sit,"

Eventually Yoongi gave up and slowly started eating, only a little bit at first.

"So, what's up, Yoongi? You've been really distant lately," Jin broke the silence, the question making Yoongi put down his chopsticks.

"It's nothing you need to worry about, hyung." He sounded dull yet firm, like he needed Jin to stop talking to him right that second.

"No, tell me, Yoongi. What is it?" Jin urged further. "I never confronted you about this because I thought you'd get better but this is affecting Jungkook as well, Yoongi. Do you know how many times he tells me how he thinks you don't even love him? How when you act nicely towards him, he treasures that moment because he knows he might not get it again for a long time?"

Long and tense, the silence prevailed, neither of them sure of what exactly to say.

"I'm not going to tell anyone if you tell me, Yoongi. I just want to know what's bothering my baby," Jinsaid finally, rubbing his thumb along Yoongi's scarred knuckles. "What is all this?"

To try and keep his tears from spilling, Yoongi maintained a gaze at the table.

"I feel like," he thought of his words for a second. "I feel like I... like there's something I should be following? Like a set of rules for being... likeable I suppose? Like you guys, you're all so wonderful and you guys know exactly what you're doing. Whereas I, I can't be on your standard. I'm always lacking behind, unable to get a dance move right, unable to do anything right. Most of all, armys are starting to hate my guts. I can't even please them. So tell me, how am I supposed to be good enough for my boyfriend? How do I know if I'll be able to make him happy? How am I to know that-"

"Jin hyung!" Jimin appeared suddenly, putting a sharp end to Yoongis confession. "I wanted to talk to you about something. Can I?"

Obviously, Jin nodded and allowed him to, sitting him down.

"As in, in private?" Jin hinted at Yoongi to leave once he had noticed the uneasiness in Jimin's actions, perhaps a bit ruder than Yoongi could have tolerated. He left, of course, stumbling out of his seat and rushing out of the door back to his room.

Jungkook wasn't there anymore and he assumed he was with Taehyung. Not that he was going to look for him right now.

Of course Jin favoured Jimin over him. He was one of the maknae's after all and Yoongi was just a useless member tagging along. Yoongi fell back on his bed, trying to stabilise his breathing and preventing himself from blacking out like he did frequently.

At this point, hate was hardly part of his reason to struggle. Although it had played a huge part in ruining him completely, it would be a lie to say the hate was the whole reason. Yoongi had sort of always felt like this about himself although with everything that happened with Jungkook last year, it sort of balanced out he supposed.

This sucked but it was worth it as long as everyone like Jungkook again. Yoongi was grateful that everyine had starting adoring Jungkook a lot more than they ever had before.

It was okay. It would always be okay as long Jungkook was happy. And obviously, Yoongi thought, he wouldn't be able to make Jungkook happy at all, would he?

---

i'm coping?

+{not proofread at all}+