Prologue

He stood over the person sprawled on the ground. They'd stopped twitching a few minutes ago, but the blood pool around their head was getting bigger by the second. Damn, this wasn't supposed to happen.

"I'm here, what did you do this time?" The voice sounded behind him.

He turned around and smiled at the redhead as he walked up. They were practically the same in height and build, but the redhead was still slightly shorter. "You can have this cleaned up, right?"

"Again? It hasn't even been a week since the last time." The redhead rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone to make a quick call.

"He attacked me first," he said, not that the redhead was asking for a reason. "It wasn't my fault that his skull cracked on one blow against the wall." He turned his gaze to the concrete wall they were standing next to. There was a big red mark where the man's blood painted the wall.

The redhead put his phone away after the call. "It's taken care of, you shouldn't be here. Go back into the bar or something."

"Thanks," he smiled faintly and turned his back to start walking back to his small apartment. He'd been halfway home from his shift at the bar when he'd noticed the rowdy, drunk patron following him. At least now, he didn't have to worry. He could trust the redhead with anything.

[AN: hello all! starting a new story because this is really fresh in my mind! I might try to upload a couple parts in one day, it's going to be a feel ride and it is not a romance! you've been warned :)]