15

Kagami practically fell onto the couch when Aomine helped him to it. Aomine moved the hair away from the wound on Kagami's head. "Stay right here, I'll get my first aide stuff."

Kagami smiled and leaned back. As if he could even make it anywhere else. He was glad that he could even get this far with Aomine. Especially since they were both bloody. He was sure someone would've stopped them.

Aomine returned a moment later, bandages and a bottle of rubbing alcohol in his hands. "This might sting." He got some of the alcohol on a cloth and gently pat it to Kagami's head. Kagami winced a little, but didn't stop him. Aomine kept avoiding his direct gaze and only looked at the spot he was cleaning. "What happened out there? Why was that guy getting ready to bash your head in?"

"He was trying to go back into the bar. I told him it was a bad idea."

"Dammit Kagami. You should've left him alone and let me take care of him if he caused more trouble." Aomine's voice was tight, Kagami could tell he was worried.

"You could've hit him once and let him go." Kagami looked into Aomine's eyes. He had to know what Aomine was thinking. He couldn't deny that he did feel something for Aomine. But he didn't want to delude himself and think that Aomine might feel something too.

"He was about to kill you." Aomine said matter of factly as he carefully placed a gauze pad on the would and wrapped a bandage around Kagami's head to hold it on. "That's the best I can do. You should still go to a hospital to see if you need stitches."

"Aomine." He took Aomine's hands in his and looked right into Aomine's eyes. "You killed a guy with your bare hands for me. You know that I can't risk going to a hospital. And you're so busy taking care of me that you haven't even washed his blood off your hands."

Aomine pulled his hands away and narrowed his eyes. "Do you not want me to take care of you?"

"I want to know why." He reached out to touch Aomine's cheek and wipe off where some of the blood had splattered.

"You're my friend." Aomine's response was short, but he didn't push Kagami's hand away.

Kagami pushed his brow together. "Is that all."

Aomine took a moment to reply, looking down between them. "I saw you on the ground and him about to strike again and I didn't even think. I know I usually only go all the way for myself or when someone hurts me, but I saw him doing that to someone that I..." he trailed off, unable to finish. "I couldn't let him live after doing that."

Kagami rested both of his hands on Aomine's cheeks. "I'm glad you were there."

Aomine touched Kagami's hand and closed his eyes for a moment. He stood up and leaned over to kiss the top of Kagami's head. "You're staying here tonight so I can keep an eye on you." Aomine walked to the bathroom and shut the door.

Kagami's eyes widened, his heart racing, a smile slowly spreading over his face. He leaned back against the couch again. Even that small kiss from Aomine made him feel so much better.

Aomine returned a few moments later, all cleaned up and in pajamas. He furrowed his brow. "What are you doing?" He went to the couch and helped Kagami stand up. "You won't be able to sleep at all on the couch. You're sleeping on the bed."

Kagami couldn't look at Aomine, his face was turning red and the smile was still on his face. "I don't want to kick you out of your own bed."

"I said I would be keeping an eye on you." Aomine got Kagami to the bed and gently laid him down. Aomine laid down next to him. Now Kagami didn't have any choice to look anywhere but into Aomine's handsome face. He solved the problem by closing his eyes and snuggled closer to Aomine. He could feel Aomine let out a breath, his chest slowly rising and falling. Aomine wrapped his arms around Kagami and pulled him closer to his chest. Kagami ended up falling asleep to the sound of Aomine's heartbeat.

[AN: hello!! I hope you like this update! So I'm going to try to keep updating regularly, geez I am sorry for how much I have been disappearing!! ;-; I hope you're still around to read this story!!]