2

Kise dragged Aomine right up to the table and sat down next to Kuroko, leaving Aomine to sit across from the smaller male. It took Aomine to sit down, he couldn't stop staring at Kuroko. He had always done what he could to keep people at arms-length, but he couldn't do that with Kuroko. He felt it back in high school and he felt it again now, just looking at Kuroko.

Kise cleared his throat, "Can you believe it, Kurokocchi? I actually found Aominecchi! I just had to bring him along."

Kuroko was stuck staring at Aomine, "It's been a long time since I've seen you, Aomine-kun."

"Been busy. We're in our third year of college after all." He kept his reply brief. He had definitely avoided Kuroko because of how he felt about him.

"You could still keep in touch though!" Kise whined, and pushed Aomine's shoulder.

"Yes, Aomine-kun," Kuroko even smiled a little bit, "Even Kise-kun keeps in touch. He sends me all the latest updates about his modeling career."

"Well, it really sounds like I've been missing out." Aomine smirked, his tone dripping with sarcasm. He leaned forward, looking directly at Kuroko. "You could've reached out to me too, Tetsu."

Kuroko glanced down, his face turning ever so slightly red. "I am sorry about that, Aomine-kun. I wasn't sure you would want to see me."

"We're both here now, consider it that I want to see you." And see more of him too. Aomine thought to himself.

"I want to see you again too, Aomine-kun." Kuroko briefly lifted his gaze back up to Aomine's before glancing back down, his face red. "I've missed you."

"Mmm..." Kise cleared his throat. "It was too easy to find Aominecchi, can you believe that he just does classes and work these days?"

Kuroko looked back up at Aomine, "No one special? Not even Mai-chan?"

Aomine shrugged, "I've been waiting for the right person. Or maybe... an old connection." He said it as clearly as he could. He knew Kuroko was perceptive enough to pick up on the hint.

And he'd been right, a blush set in on Kuroko's face. "I think I have been too."

"You know," Kise said with a nervous laugh, "I think I'll go look through the bookstore, see if they sell my magazine here." Without waiting for Kuroko or Aomine to respond, he stood up and walked away from the bookstore cafe.

"Let me get you a coffee." Aomine stood up, extending his hand down to Kuroko, "Make this our first date."

"It's been a long time since I've been on a date." Kuroko took Aomine's hand and stood up, walking with him to the line in front of the cafe register.

"Really? I can't say that I've actually been on a date myself." He looked down at Kuroko. He didn't mean that he was completely inexperienced, but he'd never bothered with dating and romance before.

"I've just been on my own for a little while." Kuroko said, seemingly ignoring what Aomine said. They walked up to the register and Kuroko ordered a fancy vanilla bean frapuccino.

"Just a drip coffee for me," he said to the cashier and pulled out his wallet to pay for the drinks.

"Oh I couldn't let you do that, Aomine-kun." Kuroko rested his hand on Aomine's hand that was holding his wallet. But Kuroko made no move to get his own wallet out.

Aomine shook his head, saying with a smile, "I want to." He paid for the drinks and went to the place to where their drinks would come out. "It's been so long since we've talked. What have you been up to lately?"

Kuroko stared up at Aomine for a moment before answering, "Not much. I haven't been focusing on classes enough lately."

"That's unusual for you." He laughed, remembering how Kuroko was such a diligent student in middle school and high school.

"I've been having fun though." Kuroko smiled faintly and picked up his frapuccino when it was ready. He walked back to their table, leaving Aomine to follow him.

"You having fun?" Aomine laughed and picked up his coffee and walked after Kuroko. "I'm having such a hard time picturing that."

"But not as much fun as you and I could have, Aomine-kun." He smiled coyly and sat back down at the table.

Aomine swallowed. He couldn't believe Kuroko just said that. He couldn't hold himself back. He leaned forward, kissing Kuroko's soft lips. Kuroko kissed him back and for a moment they stayed like that. Aomine pulled back after a moment. "Come home with me."

Kuroko nodded, "Once we finish our drinks."

[AN: I hope you like this part! I'm interested to hear what you think of Aomine and Kuroko's dynamic so far! I outlined this story in bullet points, there will probably be just under 30 parts, so not too long, but hopefully quite a feel ride. ^^']