5

Aomine was walking up to the fraternity house Kise lived in. The music was already blasting. Aomine knew he was late, but wasn't everyone supposed to be late to a frat party? When Kise invited him, he had wanted to turn down the invitation entirely. But Kuroko had accepted for both of them. If they were going to go to a party together, he had at least hoped he would be able to show up with Kuroko, but Kuroko had texted him earlier in the day, saying that he'd meet Aomine there. Aomine didn't get it.

He walked inside, the music was practically deafening. What was worse was that he was surrounded by strangers from another school. Maybe he shouldn't have even come at all. But he couldn't leave Kuroko alone with all these frat boys. Kuroko was so small, they'd easily take advantage of him.

"Aomine?" A hand rested on Aomine's shoulder and Kagami's voice sounded next to him.

Aomine turned to look at the redhead, his brow raised. "Kagami? I didn't expect to see you here."

He laughed, "it's Kise. He invited everyone! Besides, new pledges have to invite a minimum quota."

"How do you know all this?" Aomine raised one eyebrow. "You don't even go to college."

"Hey, I am learning about the family business." He shook his head and looked at Aomine. "I asked Kise about it. At least I've decided what I want to do with my life."

"Are you saying that I haven't?" Aomine rolled his eyes.

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

"Shut up." He clicked his tongue. "Have you seen Tetsu?" He asked, changing the topic because he knew Kagami was right.

"Kuroko? I thought you guys lost touch." There was something in Kagami's voice, but Aomine couldn't tell what.

"Well, that's another thing Kise did. He got me together with Tetsu again." He pushed his shoulders back, speaking proudly, "now, if you don't mind, do you know where my boyfriend is?"

"Boyfriend..." Kagami's eyes widened as he quietly repeated the word. He cleared his throat and nodded. "Um yeah, I think I saw him talking to Akashi over here." He motioned for Aomine to follow him.

Aomine shrugged off Kagami's reaction. They'd been friends for a long time, he was probably just annoyed that Aomine hadn't told him before that he was dating Kuroko. He followed Kagami away from the entry room where most of the people were dancing and drinking. They went into a small hallway, that was fairly secluded and a little too cozy for Aomine's liking.

He heard a giggle and almost didn't recognize the person that it came from. Kuroko was leaning against the wall, talking and giggling with Akashi. He'd never heard Kuroko make such a sound and yet here he was, in this cozy hall with another guy, talking like they were on a first date. "Tetsu..."

Kuroko jumped a little and stood up straight, looking at Aomine. A smile spread across his face and he went over to Aomine's side, clinging onto his arm. "I was wondering when you would get here."

Kuroko didn't seem to notice anything, but Aomine saw the dark look that fell over Akashi's face. It was one that Aomine was mirroring.

"You're late, Daiki." Akashi glared at him, his one yellow eye glinting in the light.

"It's a party. It's customary to be late." He glared back, holding Kuroko closer to him.

Kagami pat Aomine's shoulder, whispering, "I want to drink tonight, so promise me you'll behave?"

"Fuck you." He snapped back quietly.

Kagami laughed and nodded. "You too." He left the hall, leaving Aomine alone with Kuroko and Akashi.

"But you're the one who kept your boyfriend waiting." Akashi turned his gaze down to Kuroko, a mischievous smile on his face. "I had to keep Tetsuya company while you were being a rude guest."

"Like hell you did." He practically growled. "Leave my boyfriend alone."

"Oh Daiki, that's not your choice, you incompetent fool." He stepped closer. "Tetsuya is my friend and I won't let you come between us."

"Fuck you, I'm not an idiot!" He was seconds away from grabbing Akashi by the throat, despite what he promised Kagami. "Tetsu only pretends to be your friend because no one in their right mind would ever be your friend!"

"Daiki-kun." Kuroko pulled on Aomine's arm. "He is my friend, please don't fight."

[AN: what do you think so far?? what do you think of Akashi?? Is Aomine being unreasonable? is Kuroko flirting? and what do you think of Kagami? basically, what do you think about everything? xD]