3

Kuroko ended up being the first one to finish his drink. He'd drank the frapuccino non-stop since he started. Aomine was surprised the smaller male could drink so fast. But then again it was Kuroko's favorite flavor. And just maybe, they were both excited to be alone together.

Aomine took a last drink from his coffee, he didn't finish it, but he'd had enough. He stood up, extending his hand to Kuroko again. Kuroko happily took it and left his empty cup on the table.

He led Kuroko down the street from the bookstore back towards his campus. The small apartment he was renting was in the complete opposite direction that Kise had dragged him in. He glanced down at Kuroko as they walked. "I'll admit, I'm a little surprised that you accepted a proposition like this."

Kuroko glanced up at Aomine before looking back at the street ahead of them. "It's different with you, Aomine-kun. You're a gentleman."

Aomine laughed, he'd been called many things, but never a gentleman. He moved his arm to wrap around Kuroko's shoulders. "You're too precious."

The rest of their walk was quiet and brisk, as if nothing could keep them from getting back to Aomine's apartment to be alone. As soon as they got up to Aomine's second floor apartment with the door shut behind them, Aomine pulled Kuroko into his arms. Kuroko pressed his body against Aomine's as Aomine closed the distance to make their lips meet.

.

.

.

Kuroko was snuggled up to Aomine's chest, practically sleeping under the covers. Aomine had his arms around him, holding Kuroko protectively. He'd almost been worried he'd break Kuroko's small body with his size and power. But Kuroko had held out strong, even moaned Aomine's name sexily when they both climaxed.

"Tetsu..." Kuroko didn't respond, he was too relaxed in Aomine's embrace. Aomine kept his hands gently rubbing Kuroko's back. He could feel raised skin from scars there, similar to ones he'd seen on Kuroko's chest. He had meant to stop and ask about it, but Kuroko pulled him into a kiss whenever he was about to speak.

He had to wonder what had happened to Kuroko in the time they'd been apart? Something had changed for the smaller male, but he didn't know what. He whispered since it looked like Kuroko was asleep. "I wish I could protect you from all of this."

He tightened his embrace around Kuroko before falling asleep too.

[AN: I hope you like this update! sorry for skipping the sex part, but like I really didn't want to write it and like... (I'm not a huge AoKuro fan atm...)... so yeah! but I hope you like this part and tell me what you think!!]