16

Aomine left his apartment while Kagami was still sleeping. He'd ended up having Kagami stay with him for the last several days. He was mostly fine after the first night, but Aomine had still been concerned. And since they'd mostly been in each other's company, Aomine hadn't thought much about how they had kept cuddling. But now that he was walking to Majiba to get food for them, it was all he could think about.

They were friends. But after that? It felt like maybe both of them were ready for something more? Aomine just didn't want to mess it up and ruin the only friendship he had.

He was so lost in his thoughts that he barely noticed the strange look the cashier gave him when he ordered 20 cheeseburgers. Normally, orders were ready so fast, but in a higher quantity like that, he would have to wait several minutes. So he found a table close to the counter and sat down.

It looked like he was looking at the door and the people walking in, but really he was looking off into space. At least, he had been until a certain short male walked into the fast food joint. He immediately looked away, trying to act like he hadn't even seen Kuroko.

"Aomine-kun?" Too late. Kuroko was leaving the line and walking up to him.

He looked up at Kuroko, but made no move to stand up. "Tetsu." Saying Kuroko's name like that now was leaving a bad taste in his mouth.

"It's been a couple weeks since we've talked." Kuroko sat down opposite Aomine. "I hope we can still be friends."

Obviously, he and Kuroko had very different takeaways from that breakup. He snapped a little, "sure, we're friends." His voice oozed with attitude. He did not want to be Kuroko's friend in the least. "Tell me, how many days did you wait before publicly acting as a couple with Akashi?"

"Aomine-kun..." Kuroko furrowed his brow. "Why are you being like that? Haven't you been having Kagami stay at your apartment with you?"

"We're not like that! I'm taking care of my friend." Though he did feel like he and Kagami had a genuine connection, but that really had nothing to do with Kuroko. "Have you been keeping tabs on me? You know what, I wouldn't even fucking care if you hadn't lied to me, used me and then went and then went right into the arms of that sadist that tortured you and you cheated on me with."

Kuroko narrowed his eyes, actually showing that he was angry. "What? So you think I should just be alone for the rest of my life because we didn't work out?"

Aomine wished he could just slap Kuroko right then and there. But he'd never hear the end of it and he would attract too much attention from everyone else in the restaurant. "Of course you can have someone to spend your life with, but does it have to be him? Does it have to be the piece of shit that inserted himself with you, tortured you, and stole you away from me?"

"Piece of..." Kuroko's eyes widened with horror. "How dare you call Seijuuro a piece of shit! You're the piece of shit for not being happy for me after you left me!"

"Just how deluded are you?" He stood up when he heard that his order was ready. "Don't say that after you've so blatantly used me."

He walked over to the counter and picked up the two carry-out bags it took to hold his large order.

"You haven't heard the last of this! I'll tell Sei what you've been saying."

Aomine looked back at Kuroko, an uncharacteristically blank expression on his face. "Goodbye, Kuroko."

Kuroko's eyes widened when Aomine used his last name. For Aomine, that meant it was really over. He turned around and walked of Majiba.

[AN: I hope this update doesn't feel too odd! I know Kuroko is behaving kind of different for him here, but it has to be that way ^^' other than that, what are your thoughts on the update?? what do you think Kuroko will do?]