23

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Aomine was still sitting next to the hospital bed with an unconscious Kagami lying in it. How had it come to this? He should've been more careful with Kagami.

The door to the hospital room opened. Aomine was instantly on alert, turning back to see who was walking inside. He let out a breath when he saw the tall woman with blonde hair. He only met Alex a few times, but he wouldn't forget her face. Her expression was such a mixture of anger and fear. "What happened? Why is Taiga here?" She went right to his side and rested her hand over Kagami's which were covered in bandages.

"Akashi did this. The guy my ex started dating." Aomine wanted to just hit something, but he tried to control his anger, save it for the one who deserved it. "Fucker thought he could kidnap and torture Taiga and get away with it."

"He is sorely mistaken." Alex's voice was deadly cold. She turned to look at Kagami. "Tell me everything there is to know about this Akashi. I want to get to him as soon as I can. There's no time to wait."

"I'm going with you." Aomine sat up straight and looked up at Alex. She stared at him a moment longer. But he didn't give her a chance to respond. "I want to do it. He needs to know he's getting what's coming to him."

"I know my men do clean up for you, but can you do it? This won't be an act of impulse like you're used to."

Aomine looked back at Kagami on the bed who still hadn't woken up. The bandages were still so clean from where the doctors had carefully wrapped them, but they couldn't hide all the bruises and discoloration on Kagami's skin. "I need to do this."

"He'll wake up." Alex looked to Kagami too. "Taiga is strong."

"He needs to wake up. I need him." Aomine held onto Kagami's arm as tightly as he dared to.

"We have to trust the doctors here. Akashi will be trying to leave if he knows that you reached Kagami."

Aomine shook his head. "Akashi thinks he's untouchable. He'll be home, gloating."

"Then let's make him realize who he's dealing with."

Aomine looked up at Alex and nodded. He stood up. "I'm ready."

[AN: Almost to the finish line! I swear we will get there! I don't know why I'm really struggling wit the ending of this story, I hope you like the conclusion!]