Chapter 1: Tears behind her smile

Third persons view

Life is totally challenging the dear young girl. People mostly like to take advantage on her goodness, her kindness.

"Hey! Uhm...(Name)? Can-Can you do my homework for the night? I'm going out with my friends and I can't find a right time to do it. Please, (Name)! Just this one! Promise you, it won't happen again!" Giving his notebook to her, she just gives him a smile as he waves off totally not caring if she will not do it.

But knowing (Name), she so nice that she can't disagree to others. It became her little habit. In reality, (Name) does not have many friends, she may have some, but they were never there for her when she needed them. She felt like a cast out in their group. But, she manage to take a look on the bright side.

||~~♤♤~~||

"When will you learn?!" Shout her father to her sister, (Name)'s life at home wasn't very peaceful to be exact. But, she still looks at the bright side.

"How was I suppose to?! It's not like your there for me and (Name)!!" Her sister fought back and shout at her father, Her father gritted his teeth and slap her sister. (Name)'s eyes were widened and stand up from her seat and March towards her sister.

"Father, why did you do that?" She asked, tears were streaming down at her sisters face. Her father glared at the both of them.

"She deserves it. That little shit deserve a punishment." He said coldly as her sister tremble. (Name) didn't know what kind of punishment her father is giving to her bug sister. But all she know is that it is painful, and that her sister hated it. Her big sister cried as she clutch on (Name)'s sleeve as she comforts her and lead the way into her room to tend her injured cheek.

It was like that day when they were such a happy family, but within days...

Her father became a drunkard, her mother dealing with some kind of drug, and her brother getting in jail, and her sister getting pregnant for such a young age. (Name) was the only one who was still looking at the bright side when everything at her surrounding is in darkness. She still manage to put on a smile behind her sadness.

Even with some friend at school. Her sadness cannot be treated that easily, her friends never asked if she's okay because they always see her smile and laugh, but at the same time caring. They never worried about her, mostly they didn't even care if she was sad or not, because they don't even notice it. The worst part is that, they only think for themselves and (Name) wasn't even aware of it. She's innocent. Too far innocent to witness or experience some things, she didn't know to her self. But everyday, her smile is getting more faker...and faker...and even her laughs.

She also tend to lie about her day, she also tend to lie that she's happy, she also tend to lie that her family is okay, she tend to lie about herself, she kept lying to herself. Still looking at the brightside when almost the darkness can consume her. Consume the only light that she have...her sister.

She died in the process of labor, and so is the baby. The father of the baby was unknown, and still trying to find him, even tho they're not. Her sisters last and only word was; "Still be happy for me, (Name)" she said, as she grip on her breath.

She obey what she said. Be happy. Be happy...

Be happy...

||~~◇◇~~||

"Oh! (Name)! We forgot to tell you that Henry is throwing a Holloween party at the graveyard! You wanna come?" Teresa asked, her 'friend'. Teresa treat her with true friendship, and Teresa know what (Name) has been through but she manage to live with her fake smile. (Name) may fake her smile but she's not stereotyped one who spread rumor. And Teresa could live with her lies, because she believe that it will change, just a little more.