Chapter 13: Still Missing

"AVIS! AVIS!" Avis heard her brother call out, she manage to cut the wood and she's doing the last one for the caramel haird boy.

Goddamnit...

She thought as she knit her brow sweat was rushing from her forehead.

"AVIS! AVIS!" Avix still calls out, Avis needs to free this guy from the branches or else she soundly check if he's still alive. Avis stop to catch her breath.

"Damn it, Avix. WHAT?!" She shouted back, she waited for an answer. But she was about to continue chopping down the branches, Avix shouted back,

"THE KID WE FOUND SECONDLY STARTED BREATHING!!"

"What...?"

****

Wirt felt, he is not an idiot to start off, he knows that this day will come that someone will save them from this wretched nightmare or what others called a place. He felt his insides(all his organs)are starting to work, his respiratory system is on it and working like, as if he is now alive. But he is still not fading away, his soul is not coming back to his body.

While staying in Unknown he felt that he us not breathing. He is not alive, more like he is already dead. Inside, all his respiratory and his cardiac vessel is not working like a dead battery. He knows for sure that in reality he is already dead. Same goes for Finn and the other kids, except for Bill. Knowing Bill he just posses Dipper's body but he manage to bring himself with Dipper's body here in the Unknown.

"We must keep moving." He simply said, knowing on his mind that he is going back to life, and that he will see his little brother again. Maybe, Greg isn't so little anymore. Or that is what Wirt thought. When you are in the Unknown, you will not count how many days, years, Months have you been staying here. It felt also like eternity.

Finn nodded in response as Bipper kept a pace forward them, keeping his mouth shut.

For sure, not long enough, when they found Dipper's body, The tables will turn around for Bill. He will not take full control of Dipper's body, if so that Dipper's soul will go back into his real body in the reality. That's how his logic work, But Bill was never disturbed by this, because he has tricks up his sleeves that he will never tell unless they found out.

****

"Phew..." Avis breath out as she follows her breath, "Damn it, now I gotta carry all of you in the clearing..." she mumbles, as she starts carrying the oldest in the clearing of the forest to call out for the chopper to land and send all of the kids to the hospital. For sure, Avis is sure that they will be saved. She knows it.

"Ahh...crap..." she again curse as she carry the last kid in the clearing as she calls for the chopper,

"Get in here. Now." She demanded on the radio(its like a walkie-talkie). The radio buzz,

[On it! We'll be there in 5]

"Hurry. I need to find the last one."

[Right. Roger that]

Hurry up, she's still out there!

****

You kept running, knowing that you are already lost in this place, you huffed and slow down your pace as you lean against the tree trying to catch your breath.

"There's no getting out of here. The lights that I see is still there, but...it felt like its...so far away..." you huffed mumbling to your self as you close your eyes trying to steady your breathing. You are not athletic so it's hard for you to catch on your breath. Plus on the dress that Finn gave, made it even harder to run.

Why did run out of their site anyway? Oh yeah, knowing for sure that you are dead. But you know it, it's only on the side like you systems are failing. Slowly, and slowly.

You heard rustle on a nearby Bush, you didn't let it scare, but what scare you is the light from the south died down. Your only hope, Fear creeped up in your feelings as the surrounding grew darker, and darker until you can see everything.

You heard footsteps. Stuttering with fear, you spoke.

"W-W-Who's there?!" Nervously you manage to speak out. You heard a dark, deep voice chuckling.

"You want light?" It suddenly asked, You have to admit. You are scared of the dark plus that you can't see everything. All you see is two bright eyes staring at you.

You nodded. Looking down on the ground biting your bottom lip unable to speak, only whimpering sound would be heard, Silent covers you and the thing in front of you.

The lights that you have been seeing as you ran towards it is this thing infront of you. Your mind tricked you as you thought it was someone with their flashlights.

"You know I can give it to you." He said, stopping himself from his creepy chuckling as he stares down at you, "I know you are already desperate to see lights. To see real people, even though you despite reality. You know I can give it to you." He said pausing, taking out his lantern, the same lantern Wirt has, "you can stay here. Guide lost soul-i mean, lost people. You can help them. Is that want you want."

"..." You didn't spoke, you gulp as you look up to him. You are so done with being the victim here, you're done being scared. You're done. You've had enough.

The thing infront of you was taken back by this sudden action of your, giving him a fierce look he chuckle darkly.

"Free us." You said, "give me the lantern, and free us."

The thing infront of you laughed like a maniac.

"Free you? And the others?! Darling...Its only them. But not you. Once you get your hand on this-"

"Just give it to me." You demanded looking straight into his eyes.

"Hmm..." he said then handed you his lantern. It was the same with Wirt's. You have a plan, to make this thing follow what your gonna say.

"Now?" You asked, Opening the lantern threatening to blow the lights out.

"W-What are you doing?!"

"Free us or I'll light this out." You said glaring at him.

"This can't be undone!!" He shouted trying to reach out but your looks give him that he shouldn't do it or else you'll blow the lanterns light out.

"It is. Now, free us."

The thing sigh deeply, knowing his own soul is at risk. You know the drill of having one person hold his lantern can make him alive. He is the curse in this place. And he is not a thing, he is someone...

Someone.

"Fine." Snapping his fingers. He said some things before you black put as you felt your body being drift out like you usually do when your about to wake up in some horrid dream.

"Thank you..."

---------------- -------