Chapter 11: . . .

"Who did you find?" Asked the female officer, Avis, as she tries to look at the crime scene. Avix, her partner and brother at the same look at her with a scared look in his eyes.

"We found a dead body, but not what we were looking for..." he said, looking down, this time it is just the both of them working, doing their job over time. They want to help the girl, and the girl is been seen last 4 hours, she could be still out there lost.

"Then who?!" Avis demanded, Avix flinched at her sudden outburst. Avis is having a little panic attack and it could go worse if she doesn't get any answers.

"A boy, same age, stuck in the bottom of the lake for about 1 week. Blonde hair, and his skin went blue." He simply said as he shiver from the cold wind of the night.

"Where's the body?"

"Over there..." he pointed at the body bag where they usually put the body they will find. She zipped the bag open to see a boy who's age is around 14 eyes wide open,

"Must be from the shock the reason why his eyes are wide open..."

Blue icy eyes, blonde hair that ends on his shoulder.

Why didn't we notice him?

Avis asked herself, Avix look down and sigh,

"Maybe the other missing kids are still here..."

"I doubt that. Let's go, we'll find them ourselves together." Avis said as she closes the bag with the boy inside, Avix grabbed his phone to call the squad to pick up the body and examine it.

Avis' POV

Who's the culprit? Who's the fucking culprit in all these? Killing innocent children inside this garden, with over 10 feet high wall? Who is doing all these....?

I don't believe in myths and legends because this is basically reality. There's no such thing as a reaper that will take the souls of these children. And there's no such things as a man in the shadow that kills children also, those were just stories to scare the kids away-

"A-Avis...?" I heard my brother stutter, I was busy looking and finding some evidence over the lake as we go through the large forest that I didn't even realize that were already deep enough.

"What is it Avix?" I asked a little annoyed as I move my flashlight on him. I saw him there, standing frozen as he shakes a little, he was staring at the three right in front of him. I move up my flashlight and nearly throw up.

"Who--what--WHO WOULD DID THIS?!" He shouted in panic, I ran over to him and calm him down holding both of his shoulders.

"H-Hey--calm down! We'll figure this out!" I said shaking him out of that wretched thought of his.

"Avis...this place is cursed. No wonder." He said looking down as he rans his hand on his hair ruffling it out of distress. I knit my brow at him and glare lightly.

"How can you say?"

"Don't you notice? How can a 15 year old boy stuck with in the branches of a tree, stabbing his stomach in the process...his bones are almost showing, this body must be here for about a year or so...you can clearly see his bones Avis! His bones!"

"I KNOW--JUST...fucking calm. Calm."

It's all clear now. We can't stop this, I believe that this is a cursed place. That something is driving this kids to come here and something is just taking their souls, or just kill them in some way gruesome.

I saw Avix took some rotten flesh from the kid that we found in the tree.

"I'm testing his DNA. and from what I said, this body is dead fro about a year, same month this month. Age is 15 and name is..." he paused, his eyes growing wide. 

"What is his name?" I demanded, he gulped then look straight at me.

"Wirt."

My eyes grew wide. Wirt? That missing kid in the night Halloween that only his little brother returned from this garden? No, this is not a garden anymore. This place is already hell for taking innocent kids.

"Avix, we already found two bodies. We must keep moving." I said looking up ahead, the moon is already half, meaning its already midnight.

"On it, the squad are already on it's way and I told where we left the body. Its near the lake." He said, I nodded and then walk ahead with him following from behind.

Just a little more and I'll fix this puzzle, some missing piece are still missing and I can't complete it without them.

*****

"Hmm..."

Bill look at the lantern bearer, with confuse look he asked,

"What is it? Why'd you hum?" He asked raising an eyebrow, Bill didn't know why would he ask that, but it already went out so there's no turning back. Unless Wirt would answer.

"Nothing...just...I think I heard familiar voices." He simply said then walk out of the living room towards the balcony.

"Haha..." now then, Bill heard Finn let out a small laugh as he look at him confuse.

"Now what, Ice Kid?" Bill asked his face showing that he's already annoyed.

"Nothing, it feels like...I'm already warm." He said with a small smile plastering his face. Bill gave him a confuse look he could ever pull off.

"But your always cold! What happen?"

"I don't know..." Finn walk out of the room leaving Bill there with Tord. Tord looks at him,

"You do know what will happen right?" Tord asked, slightly glaring at the demon beside him.

"Y'know. For once, I have no Idea what's going on. But I know that (Name)is aware of it." He said in a serious tone. And never in centuries that Bill have no idea what is going on. Tord looked at him in shock, never did he hear that Bill would be serious in something.

"How so?"

"(Name) is a newcomer."

"What...What do you mean?" Tord looked at him, but he didn't know why would he be sick at the tone that bill gave him.

"You...know what I mean."