Chapter 14 - The Fight

Lylani..

"This is a nice car. How did you afford this, I mean I didn't think you could've made that kind of money working at a diner." Calvin said as he looked around the car amazed, "It's my dad's." I spoke coldly keeping my eyes on the road.

"Dad? I would love to meet h-" looking over to him, "He's dead." He noticed my annoyance and turned towards the window and the car ride back was silence.

//

"The isolation up here is wonderful. It's peaceful." There wasn't much talking done after he asked me about my dad, and this was the first time he spoke since we arrived and I was feeling better. We was now safe and I didn't have to be looking over my shoulders ever three seconds.

"Yes. My dad liked his privacy." I said with a smile as I stood beside Calvin. He looked over at me and smiled also as he continued to stare at me, which started to make me feel uncomfortable and he defienetly noticed it. "Sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel uneasy but you are just so beautiful." He said causing me to chuckle.

"Don't you believe it?" He asked causing me to shake my head, "This is the first time you actually didn't say something stupid, it's different and weird." I said shaking my head. This is the first time since being free, I laughed.

"I know, you may think I'm a jerk and maybe a little to cocky but that's not me. It was like a mask." He said as he stared into the woods through the glass door. "A mask?" I asked curiously, "Look at you, I only acted that way because it looked like that was the type of guys you were into. I mean it was dumb and even after the amount of rejections I got I still tried."

"You just had to be yourself." I said as I turned away, "I know but common, you're older than me, tell me, was there ever going to be a chance." He asked causing me to turn around. "No." I said honestly looking him in his eyes.

"Wh-" I passed my hand through my hair as I sighed, "Can we just start this thing to get it over with?"

//

I now looked into the mirror at myself, passing my fingers through my now burgundy hair. I smiled a little as I turned to the side. It fitted me well.

Making my way back out to the living room, I jumped as I heard a scream.

"Your hair!" I bursted into laughter at his reaction as I got a drink from the refrigerator, "Relax little girl, it's not that bad." He stared at me for like a whole five minutes until he decided the finally break the silence, "You still look beautiful Lylani." I smiled at him as I nodded in response.

"Everything is done here." He handed me my fake documents and ID.

"Thank you so much, now let's get you home." I said as I grabbed my keys. He pulled back my wrist in a swift movement as he stared deeply into my eyes laying his right palm on my cheek. "Remember that deal. It's off, you don't have to go on a date with me." He said genuinely as he smiled. "Just getting the chance to be here with you today made my day." He continued as he leaned in. He was going to kiss me, I slowly leaned in as he closed his eyes coming closer to me.

The sound of glass shattering made me jump and placed me back into reality quickly. Blood being splashed on my face drained all energy from me.

"No, no, no!" I screamed as I fell to the floor with a dead Calvin in my arms. "I'm so sorry! I'm sorry!" I quickly took off my jacket placing it over his head as I attempted to get up but I was out of luck.

The sound of a gun going off interrupted my thoughts as I fell back down to the floor grasping my leg in panic. Blood flooded through the fingers as I attempted to crawl away. Tears pouring down my cheeks as I tried not to let go a scream.

"Tsk, tsk." I heard as someone grabbed my ankle and placed their hand on my wound causing me to let out a loud yelp as I covered my mouth to look the monster in his eyes.

I wanted to kill this man badly, and what he was doing right now made me imagine killing him in hundreds on different ways.

"Just do it! Kill me already!" I screamed as I stared him in his cold stone eyes. I was ready to die. I didn't want to fight no more, I couldn't. All my strength was drained out by this man that stood before me.

"I'll gladly fulfill your wish, but this way will be too easy." He spoke with a smirk, I looked down at my leg as I just stared at more blood flow out of my wound.

Slowly the darkness invaded and I submitted to it.

/

"Come on!" My dad shouted from the corner which added more pressure to me. "It's just one shot and it's easy. We been over this!" He continued on, I couldn't do it. I was still weak, I still didn't want to live. I was ready to die and he knew it. I couldn't be that strong girl I once was. "I can't do it daddy! I just can't!" I shouted as I dropped the gun and fell to my knees.

"Just take me already!" I screamed even louder as I pounded my fist into the dirt ground. "Keep your composure Lylani! What did I tell you about signs of weakness? I know you feel like you don't have it in you anymore but that's just your feelings. You are strong and smart, I know it." He motivated me as he placed his finger under my chin and lifted my head up. "Don't ever feel like someone has power over you cause they do not, there are going to be tough times that you are going to have to get back up and fight, fight for your life and I might not be there to help you darling, you have to keep fighting, do it for me."

/\

Another chapter in the same month. Now listen carefully hmm fans. Are you guys so hooked that you forget to vote and leave wonderful comments? Common, I deserve it!

Stay tuned, Not edited.❌