Chapter 20 - Pick a side

Lylani

"Bítch what the fùck?" I asked as I busrt into laughter. This lady is delusional. My mother died when I was just a little girl. She stood serious with a worried look as she stared into my eyes.

I was now in a t-shirt and sweatpants.

"That's some crazy fúcked up shit to say lady, my mother has been dead for years, so you'll have to come up with something else." I stated in denial.

"Your dad and I got married a year before you were born." She started as if she was recapping the memory, "I met him when I was only 17, he was my first.. everything," she said with a smile.

"Lucío Valadez." She said my fathers name with such power in her voice. "I'm Merylinda Valadez, I know this is alot to take in but trust me," She continued as she came and sat next to me on the bed, "I also know you have a birthmark right here," she said as she placed her pointing finger close to my hip. I was confused but fully regained certainty that she wasn't my mother, "You could've easily saw that while I was unconscious," I spoke back irritated.

"Even if you're my so called mother, why wait until now? Where have you been all this time?" I asked causing her to go silent,"That's what I thought," this was now irritating me. I couldn't belive I was once kidnapped again...

"I know everything doesn't make sense right about now, but you just have to trust and believe me on this." She said as she placed her palm on my lap, "Alejandro isn't the guy you thought he was, I've been in hiding and had to fake my death because of him, also to keep you safe."

"Leave," she said sternly causing Damiano to leave the room, now only being us two, "I've been looking over you in distance for these past years, just shadowing your every move. I got sabotaged and my intel was no longer useful, that's how Alejandro came into contact with you." She continued on causing me to feel confused. I didn't understand nothing she was saying nor was I believing her, I could see the tears in her eyes forming and regret as she spoke but I literally felt nothing.

"I was too late, I had no clue he was in business with your boss and when I finally found out it was too late."

She stopped and looked me in the eyes, hoping I would say something but I didn't have nothing to say. I already felt like I had a shìtty life before all of this mess and it's just getting worse. A part of me did want to believe her and wanted to hear more of what she had to say but my mind stopped me from saying anything.

With frustration she finally rolled her eyes and continued, "You're smart Lylani, think about it! A ruthless monster like Alejandro kidnaps you but doesn't kill you! He was playing you this entire time." She continued on but caused me to think, if he was this bad guy she was pinning him out to be, and if our lives were so endangered because of him, why didn't he kill me?

"So why didn't he kill me?" I finally spoke causing her to sigh out loud. "Because of me. I am your protection Lylani, you're only alive because of me."

"Why?"

"He needs something from our family. That's what got your father killed, he killed your father, and without us, he won't get what he needs." All I heard was he killed your father. My mind went blank, I was with my father's killer this entire time? Everything started to make sense now. I closed my hand into a fist as I felt myself starting to tremble lightly. I wanted him dead.

Seeing my state she knew I finally believed what she was saying, she placed her hands over my fist as she tried to calm me, "He got intel that I was still alive that's why he didn't kill you. He was making sure he found me first before he asked you anything.