38 - Qubool Hai!! (I do) 💝

# Abid's POV
# Date - December 06, 2022

---

"Ohh... Come on, Bhai. It's your wedding today! Are you going to put your work down or not? Otherwise, I'm calling Dad."

I heard Afiya's voice beside me. She had been nagging me for the last three hours. Ever since these ridiculous wedding preparations started, she's been acting like she's my mother. I mean, seriously... she's younger than me.

"Just five more minutes," I told her. I had to finish this presentation today, no matter what.

"You've been saying that for the last three hours, Bhai. Do you even know what day it is today?" she said, practically shouting. I glanced at her-she was so irritating.

"I know it's my wedding; you don't have to remind me over and over. Got it?" I replied in a serious tone.

"She has every right to remind you that it's your wedding today, Abid. Because you're acting like you've completely forgotten."

I heard Dad's voice and immediately looked up, placing my laptop on the table and standing up.

"Dad, just five more minutes. It's almo-"

Dad didn't let me finish as he replied,

"Do you want to get married or not?"

Dad asked in a firm tone.

"Of course I do, Dad, but-"

He cut me off again, saying,

"Then go and get ready. Areena and her family have already arrived at the venue, and I don't want the Baraat to be late. So hurry up!"

He said, then left. I sighed and closed my laptop. I looked at Afiya, who was already dressed and looked absolutely beautiful. I hadn't noticed before; she was almost ready.

"What? Go, Bhai, I want to meet Bhabhi as soon as possible," she said, pushing me towards the bathroom. Just hearing Areena's name made my heart race. I didn't know why I was feeling this way. This was just a game for me, a way to show her where she stood in my life. But these feelings... ugh.

I had been ignoring Areena completely since that day. I hadn't met her, nor had I replied to any of her messages.

I turned on the shower and let the warm water wash away my exhaustion. Since that day, I had thrown myself into my new projects like a maniac. I didn't want to think about her, but my mind never stopped.

After my bath, I put on my Sherwani with a side dupatta and a jewel that Dad had given me-it was traditional; he had worn it at his own wedding. I also wore the turban, which was another custom. Then, I applied some itr and finally put on my shoes. I was ready. See? So fast!

 See? So fast!