Claudia pt 8

It was a late night midnight in fact (f/n) sat at the window staring at the rain droplets as they slid down the window. since she left the base things were so strange to her she wasn't use to living in the city so calm and peaceful. she didn't know where she fit in at, she didn't want to be a writer for anyone. she didn't want to be a postman, and she sure as hell didn't want to stay home she was use to being busy either even if it was laying on her back or on her knees when she wasn't helping the soldiers with their needs. she was cooking for them in the kitchen, cleaning their clothes, or being a nurse to small wounds. with so many mean the job was never done  but now with just Claudia and a maid there was no room for her to do much.
(f/n) tapped on the glass blowing hot air for it to steam up on rainy nights like this she couldn't help but think of when she was a child how the mist covered danced over the hills where she grew up. it was often cold with the highest temperature being 80 degrees Fahrenheit she closed her eyes a faint voice echoed in her head as she hummed.

"May the just one speak ever truth and wisdom, Speak naught of fraud And may his words be spoken in the eyes of God Blessed be the one who should suffer temptation, Oh blessed is he, who shall be crowned with life for all eternity. Kyrie, o heavenly fire have mercy. Oh, how holy, how serene, How kind is she, how pleasant be, this lovely, fragile lily of chastity. Kyrie, o heavenly fire have mercy. Oh, how holy, how serene, How kind is she, how pleasant be, this lovely, fragile lily of chastity."

(F/N) opened her eyes as Claudia sat behind her wrapping his arms around her shoulders he pulled her into his shirtless chest.
"It's late" Claudia said
"I can't sleep" she said 
"again? are you still withdrawing" he asked
"no I am fine clean a month I am not tempted its just-" she looked down as she held his hand within her own "I am bored Claudia I don't fit in here I have no friends no job I am no use to you or anyone." she said
"don't say that being here is enough" Claudia quickly retorted
"no Claudia it isn't not for me." she said 

Claudia sat back "so what do you want to do" he asked "do you want a job at-"
"I don't want to work there it isn't for me" she said
"then where?" he asked
"maybe at a diner I can cook it will keep me busy" she said as she turned her body to face him
Claudia grabbed her chin "whatever you want I will help you do you want to cook or bake." he asked
(f/n) was silent for a few seconds as she thought "i can do both"
"well why don't you bake something good and lets test your skills we can take you to the market see what people like." he said
(f/n) smiled "I can start now" she said excitedly
"its midnight your not starting now come to bed and rest up" he said
"but I am not tired" she said as she hugged him
"well then lets tire you out" Claudia picked her up letting her wrap her legs around his waist he carried her to the library before shutting the door.