<13.1>

* this is an introduction to the next 3 parts of this chapter, enjoy :) *

♥️
Kentrell
4 Months Later

"This ain't working out." I sighed and threw three 20 dollar bills on the table as I got up.

I walked off from yet another failed date with a lightskin dreadhead bitch which is all I've been feeling lately.

That shit is fucking weird.

I sighed, starting my walk home I got the sudden urge for hot chips and a slurpee looking at the lit up 711 across the street.

I jay-walked across not really giving a fuck at this point considering I ain't got nothing to lose.

Cars screeched and began honking at me as I did as I pleased.

"Hit me den!" I spat as the horns went crazy and took my time.

"That's what I thought." I said finally making my way to the other side without a problem.

Walking into the 711, I went straight to the back and filled up the biggest cup they had with a mixture of blue raspberry, grape and cherry.

Sticking the straw in it, I began drinking it as an employee watched me.

"You have to pay for tha-

"I am bitch, shut up." I mugged walking over to the chip isle.

Grabbing a bag of hot Funyuns and some hot fries I tucked them in my arm, now moving around to the candy isle.

Might as well get some of that too.

Walking down the isle, I noticed a person standing in front of what I wanted as they looked down at candy they had in their hand as if distracted.

"Excuse me." I said having manners for once as I tried to get to the tropical starburst.

"Oh my bad." The person quickly became alert again and moved out my way holding their head down.

The voice rang in my ears so familiar.
I definitely knew it.

I looked over at the oversized-hoodie covered person dressed in light blue skinny jeans and low top Air Force ones.

It had to be...
-Of course.

"Nick!" I called as he tried to walk away.

His head snapped around as if he had been caught stealing.

"H-Hey kentrell." He stuttered.
"How you been?"

I walked closer to him making him back up a little.

His face barely visible, being covered by his dreads and his pulled in hoodie.

"Nah, how you been?" I asked looking down at him.

"I'm fine." He said as his head still hung low.

I picked up his chin making him flinch a little as I touched him and raised his face to my eye level.

Removing his hood, he let me do so without resistance and looked away shamefully.

I noticed the bruises first, a dark purple-brownish color. Next was the swollen eye, a little more than halfway shut with a dark shadow around it. Then came the scratches. Recently dried blood sat upon them on his cheeks, making me question everything.

I flared my nostrils at his current state feeling nothing but anger arise.

"Before you get mad-
It's honestly not as bad as you think."