<20>

🌚 it's been a while...hey...

💛
Nick

Flashback:

To my Pumpkin,

If you ever have to read this, then i have failed you as a parent.

I practically choke on tears, after the first line. I could not do it. I didn't have the strength to finish it.

"It's-It's too much." I croaked, setting the letter down.
"I'm s-sorry."

"Do you want me to read it for you?" Taymor suggested, rubbing my leg to calm me.
"Would that help Nick?"

"I dont think thats a good idea." Kentrell butted in.

"why?"

"Because he should really read it himself." He stressed. "It was meant for him."

I shook my head with more tears cascading down my face.

"I can't."
"I can't do it!" I cried, as pain ached in my chest from breathing so hard.

I was perfectly fine before I even knew this letter existed and now I was hurting in more ways then I could explain.

"You have to Nick." Taymor sighed.
"Just get it over with."

"n-now?" I questioned.
"it's my fucking birthday."

"I'm supposed to be happy right now, right?"

Taymor and Kentrell made a brief eye contact before looking back at me.

"She wrote it with the intention that you would read it today." Kentrell reminded me.
"I think you should."

I began crying and breathing harder as my ears filled with more words I didn't want to hear.

"It's been 9 years today right?"

I nodded, cringing at the thought of my mom dying on my birthday.

I had to forever live with the memory of the best day of my life turning into the worst. I watched 3 holes fill her body before she dropped to the ground, pooling blood all over the floor of my party. All I could remember was screaming and crying until i was being picked up and carried somewhere, never seeing her or my dad after that.

Life until now was a foster home.
It wasn't the worst place I could've been but there was no emotional attachment to anyone there.

Now was the chance to leave.
I had packed my bags to go live with Taymor and I was happy about everything until this letter was being shoved in my hands.

"I just..." I trailed off, biting down hard on my lip to keep from sobbing.

"Finish it." Kentrell looked in my eyes,
"She might be telling you what you need to hear right now."