Chapter 29

Katies POV

We had all snuggled down on the sofas and bean bags to watch White Chicks, one of our favourite films to watch together, and a silence fell upon us which was unusual. To make it worse, it was awkward - this was unheard of with us lot, we always had something to chat about. For the first 30 minutes of the film, we had engaged in small talk and that was it. The next thing we knew, Maria stood up and walked out of the room towards the bathroom, straightening her skirt as she went. "Sorry guys, I won't be long" she sounded tired and sniffly. We carried on watching the film before I had realised thaty 15 minutes had passed, I looked up at Perrie, Eleanor and Danielle who look concerned. "We're going to see whats taking so long" I said and Perrie helped me up.

We reached the bathroom and as Danielle lifted her hand to knock, we could hear sniffling and sobs. Eleanor barged her way through the door and into the petite bathroom "sorry, I heard crys and I panicked" she said looking at me. Perrie giggled before crouching down next to Maria who was sitting on the floor crying into her jacket. "Babe, whats up? Tell us" her voice was soft and caring, only recieving and groan from Maria. "How are we meant to know if you dont tell us, hun?" Danielle said sitting the other side of her. She looked up this time, wiping her eyes before saying "Niall. I like Niall and he doesn't even acknowledge my existance if he isn't treating me like a friend." "Well we all knew you liked Niall, that was obvious" Eleanor said laughing, earning her some disapproving looks from me and Danielle.

"We know you like Niall, and secretly he likes you and thats why he acts that way. Its obvious, you just need to be yourself and then maybe he will say something. These things need time" I said stroking her hair. "Maybe I shouldn't play with fire, we are so close. I don't want to ruin that" she said, her eyes now dry but red. "Give it time" Perrie urged.

Nialls POV

Maria had walked out 15 minutes ago, and the girls just went to see where she was. That didn't seem like typical Maria to me, she's normally happy and making jokes. She's barely spoken to me since we got in, shes my best friend. I couldn't understand what was going on.

"Someones on their period" I joked, nudging Louis. "Niall. That's not funny, shut up" Zayn scowled at me before look at the screen again. "What? She's being moody, and weird. That's not my problem" I replied to him, genuienly confused. Liam and Harry stayed quiet and carried on watching the film when Louis replied "Well make it your problem" I looked at him, confused. What did he mean? As I was about to reply, Maria and the girls came back into the room. Maria looking a little upset and Katie looking concerned.

"Okay, what the hell is going on? Everyone seems to know something that I don't" I said getting angry. Everyone had resumed seats by now and I was getting stressed. "Exactly" Eleanor snapped back at me, before a silence fell amongst us again. I sat there, trying to work out what was going on.

Marias POV

As we sat in silence watching the film, the words of Katie played in my mind "these things need time" she was right, she always was. Although, Niall is pretty clueless when it comes to feelings and speaking out his mind. He'll never understand how I feel. My phone started flashing and beeping, I had a text:

Niallasaurus Rex:

You look a upset nd tired, is everything alright? xx

I sighed as I read the text.