O . N . Σ

♫there is a swelling storm♫

♫and I'm caught in the middle of it♫

                                                                                                                    ─

                                                                                                                    ─

                                                                                                   Sodapop's P.O.V

     My eyes fluttered open only to close again after contact with the bright sun that shun right through the open curtains in my shared room with Ponyboy. A yawn overtook me as I brought my body up to stretch. The other side of the bed was empty so I assumed Pony was already downstairs putting himself together. I got up, got dressed, made a small stop at the bathroom and went downstairs, all like usual.

     Of course the gang was here, making noise. I could smell breakfast being made in the kitchen. Probably Ponyboy, cause Darry would be at work by now.

     "Good morning sleepy head," Dallas greeted me from the couch.

     "Haha, sleep well sleeping beauty?" Steve said from the spot next to Dally.

     I just waved them off and headed to the kitchen. My friendship with Steve has "shifted" in a way. It's strange but we have more close moments, and when he looks in my eyes, it's like we're both hypnotized. It started right around when Sandy left.

     Once I got into the kitchen Ponyboy turns around holding a plate of bacon and nearly bumps right into me.

     "Woah sorry Soda." Pony says as he regains himself.

     "It's ok, breakfast smells great!" I walked past Ponyboy to go grab some water from the fridge.

     "Hey Pepsi Cola, we gotta go if we want Two to give us a lift." Steve yelled from the living room.

     And we were off.

                                                                                                                    ─

                                                                                                                  241

edited 2020-04-21