Σ . I . G . H . T

♫the freedom, of falling♫

♫a feeling I thought was set in stone♫

                                                                                                                           ─

                                                                                                                           ─

                                                                                                             Steve's P.O.V

     Walking to the DX with Pony and Johnny wasn't bad, I'm not a huge kid person but these kids aren't terrible. Me and Pony have never really been that close but Johnny and I have had a few good times.

     The walk always seems to get longer every time I make it. Pony and Johnny walked together up ahead and I walked behind, not too far, but far enough that their conversation sounded like whispers. Those two always have something to talk about, sometimes it's sunsets, sometimes it's feelings, sometimes it's both. Gag.

     Once we got there I walked right into the back to get changed and put my bag away, Sodapop was nowhere to be found. I walked back out to find no one at the register, so, like always, I went into the garage to work on cars. I guess Johnny and Pony hung around for a while, but I couldn't hear anything over the loud music. My mom said my dad REALLY enjoyed music when he was around, and when she was pregnant, he would play it, loud rock music I mean. She thinks that's why I like it so much, but I think it's just good and distracting from the outside world. When I listen to music, it's like I'm in my own little bubble, and nothing can get me.

     When my shift was done I went into the back room to pack my stuff together, and guess who was just sitting there. Sodapop.

     "Hey man, you're supposed to be at the register."

     "Oh yea sorry, I'll get right to that."

     He stood right up from where he was sitting and began walking out but I grabbed his arm before he could get pass by me.

     "You okay?" I asked, he looked a little on edge.

     "Y-yea man, I'm fine."

     He went to work and I grabbed all my stuff and waited outside for Two-bit to pick me up, with Soda on my mind. He looked all nervous and deep in thought. My worry for him has always been high, he's a sweet guy and the world has been nothing but cruel to him.

                                                                                                                          ─

                                                                                                                        397

edited 2020-08-05